If The Next Generation iPad is Much Larger Than The Air - Will You Buy It?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
What is your feeling on a larger iPad next Gen and if larger would you buy it or what size would you want it to stop at?

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I love my iPads but I truly don't think I'd want anything larger than my Air, it's big enough for me. I don't think a 12" iPad Pro would sell that great. It'd be expensive and I think bigger than a lot of consumers would find useful. Who knows.

{iRiidium} Technophile. 4 of 4 

bembol

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
If it's Light, has an mazing Battery and runs OSX I will buy it.

Basically, I want a MacBook Air Retina without the Keyboard. :)

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I'd get it if the price was right. Other than that, I like the size of the air. An ipad pro would be the same as my MacBook minus the keyboard.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The current iPad Air is the perfect size. And I like the option of the mini if you want something a little smaller. But a bigger iPad wouldn't be unwelcome. I can see it's uses. Especially if a person is using it the way that I use my Air. My Air is always connected to a Bluetooth keyboard. I use it as a laptop replacement. A bigger screen would be cool even though I prefer the size of the Air.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

jeilders

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Spent the weekend at my son's house. Did a little work on his iPad4. It is amazing the difference in the size and feel(weight). I don't think I would be very comfortable going back to the 4 or to a new iPad that is larger. My daughter has a Retina mini but that is too small for me.

That being said I do a lot of reading with my iPad and that is where I notice the weight difference.

I use it all day on my desk at work in a Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover and don't notice the difference there.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't know to be honest. I've not had my Air that long and was using a mini before so it seems massive to me at the moment! I do have experience of using a 10.1 inch android tablet. The Air seems a lot bigger, probably due to the differences in aspect ratio. When I use my Air it reminds me of a laptop experience. I never felt this with Android tablets, so I'd imagine that when the newness wares off I might say that the air is big enough

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I really like the size of the current iPad, but I am not opposed to getting a bigger iPad. So yes, I would buy a larger iPad.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I like 9.7'' I don't care if they release a larger iPad. I just hope it is a separate line from the iPad/iPad Air line. Any larger for me and I would just buy a Macbook.

A detachable Macbook sounds very interesting though.