Air replacement coming/apps crashing iOS7 rebooting.

jeilders

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Went to the Apple store yesterday for the second time concerning my Air. I was one of the one's that waited in line and I got the second Air sold on opening day at this store. My wife got the 3rd. I have been having constant shutdown and reboot problems...she never has. About 6 weeks after they came out I went to the store and they wiped it of the operating system and we did a reinstall. Didn't put on anything from the backup...that was supposed to help, it didn't. It still happens daily. I shut down my apps 4 to 5 times a day, etc.

Well they went through all these diagnostics again and said it was my fault because I need to shut down the apps more often and turn it off twice a day and wanted to send me on my way.

I told them that I do all that and I wanted to swap for a new one...after about 30 minutes of talking they agreed. They didn't have one like mine in stock but it is coming in 4 to 5 days so we will see.

I hated to force the issue but apps crashing and iOS7 rebooting every day just didn't seem right.

OTHER than that I LOVE my Air. I use it all the time at the office and I read books on it in the evening so the lightness is awesome!

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If your 3rd iPad Air starts doing the same thing, it's time to start looking inward. A rogue app that may not be fully compatible with iOS 7, etcetera. I don't have an iPad Air, but my iPhone and iPad Mini are both running iOS 7 without any problems, and I've yet to experience any reboots or shutdown issues. Hopefully, you won't have any more problems when the replacement device arrives.

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problems. It would crash4-5 times a day. Mine were 95% Low Memory crashes. I installed 7.1 beta 5 (I'm a registered developer) and boom, problem solved. 0 crashes. So if you can just hang in until the 7.1 release, you'll be golden.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

jeilders

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get a replacement and the crashes continued. Of course, I downloaded 7.1 as soon as I saw it was out. I haven't had a crash yet. I use my iPad all day at the Office doing business work. I will see how it does this weekend when I am doing more person stuff.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I was able to get a replacement and the crashes continued. Of course, I downloaded 7.1 as soon as I saw it was out. I haven't had a crash yet. I use my iPad all day at the Office doing business work. I will see how it does this weekend when I am doing more person stuff.

When I updated to 7.1 beta I had no crashes or resprings but I love my jailbreak so I won't leave it until 7.1 is hacked. But it might be the most annoying thing about the air.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Strange you has the same issue after a new one .. I did have constant safari crashes on my air it was annoying .. None so far on 7.1 so maybe 7.1 fixed a OS bug .. Glad it's working for you now

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods