Is the iPad Air worth it?

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I know it's my personal decision but I just wanted to hear some thoughts. I have a iPad mini I love it but i would like a bigger screen. I am planning on selling my iPad mini and investing it in a iPad Air or iPad mini with retina. Those who have either or those who don't wants your opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Is $100 worth it for 2" more of screen?
Yes, if you want 2" more of screen.
If you're fine with the mini's screen size, then it's not worth the extra money.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
If you watch the latest iMore show, Renee and Peter touch on this a bit. One of the great things about having 2 sizes of flagship iPads is that you don't have to make ant compromises for screen size. You'll get a virtually identical experience with either screen size since most of the other specs of the devices are identical. It really is a decision of 10" vs 8".

the tall guy

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I love mine, the light weight feel is a big plus for me. Its easy to hold like the Mini but a larger screen and beautiful display is a big seller for me.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Depends. I had a 4, but the wife was eyeballing it. She was using my first gen as a Kindle and seeing if she wanted an iPad. She does. I kept asking her which one she wanted. She wanted my four. She took me to Orchard and told me to get a new iPad. I debated and got a retina mini. I am glad I did. Much easier to travel with. She personally prefers the larger screen. It's a toss up really. But I am enjoying the mini, especially when traveling.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
The Air has the form factor of the Mini.

I prefer having the larger screen, but it really depends on what you want to use it for. Also depends on how your eyes are when you get tired...

Agree with the others who note that the specs are otherwise the same. Had the store had the 128 GB rMini in when I was upgrading, would have been a tougher choice.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I am more into it for the lightness and slightly bigger screen plus the A7 chip I like gaming on it and playing YouTube

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I know it's my personal decision but I just wanted to hear some thoughts. I have a iPad mini I love it but i would like a bigger screen. I am planning on selling my iPad mini and investing it in a iPad Air or iPad mini with retina. Those who have either or those who don't wants your opinions?

If you want a bigger screen the go with the air. It's awesome and light. I'm not sure how getting a mini with retina would help you. The screen is the same size.

vishhh

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I just bought iPad air today and I must tell you that it's great leap for people coming from earlier generations .... It's so dam fast and light not to forget the big scree with its light weight now is just perfect !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
My iPad Air is quickly becoming my favorite Apple device, even over my iPhone 5S and iPad Mini Retina. The one benefit of the Air over the Mini Retina is that the larger footprint allows for a full size keyboard case. I use my Air as a laptop replacement and I keep it in the Zagg bluetooth keyboard case all the time and I just love the combination. I could get a keyboard case for the Mini, but the keyboards are cramped and don't offer a great typing experience. I just love the Air.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

applelex

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

If you have the iPad mini 1st generation and love it. Then there is now Is now doubt that you'll love the retina mini or the iPad air a lot more.. so stop thinking about it just do it. You won't regret it.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner