iPad in cold temperatures?
Is it safe to leave an iPad in cold temperatures for an extended period of time without causing any damage?
I'm up in the northeast where it's been like the South Pole lately, and I sometimes find it easier to leave the iPad in the car. I always thought heat was bad for gadgets. What about cold?
Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums app
- 01-26-2014, 11:46 AM #2
- 01-26-2014, 01:15 PM #3iMore Newbie
- 32 Posts
Re: iPad in cold temperatures?
I wouldn't recommend it. Can't say for sure if it'll harm it, but generally cold temps are bad for LCD screens. Also, bringing it into warm temps after sitting out in the cold is likely to create condensation inside. If it sits out for awhile, I'd let it warm up and "dry out" for a few hours before using. Also, extreme temps in either direction can be hard on batteries, as well.
Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
- 01-26-2014, 01:16 PM #4
- 01-26-2014, 02:20 PM #5
- 01-26-2014, 05:31 PM #6
- 01-26-2014, 05:47 PM #7
- By InTheRed in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 5Last Post: 01-31-2014, 02:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 01-27-2014, 06:07 AM
Different number of Contacts on iPhone, iCloud & Outlook. How to find the ones not in both? & Fix itBy crashnburn_in in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-26-2014, 01:37 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-26-2014, 09:46 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-26-2014, 08:39 AM