For those with a white ipad air...or any white ipad...

Danny8200

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
My iPad Air is my second white iPad after my 3rd generation one. I also never noticed any black borders until I read this thread. I originally went in to buy the space gray Air, but white was the only color that was in stock at the AT&T store.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I got a white one also and never noticed this and I had only black ones before. White was only color they had when I went also.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I've owned white iPads and can say that that little black border hasn't seemed to be an issue for me. Although I was drawn to the space gray 5s, I don't feel the same pull with the space gray Air or Mini. I find that the white iPad gives the illusion of a brighter screen. That comes in handy when surfing the web browser or reading any text against a white background. But if a seamless viewing experience is what you're after, you'd likely prefer the space gray.

Agree with this. For reading, white is nice. For watching movies, black wins. I'm more of a reader than a watcher, so I prefer white. The line you describe has the sensation of dimension for me rather than color. I don't notice it at all.

Richm246

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
My iPad 2 is white, and to some degree it bothered me, especially when watching a video, or web surfing in the dark because I'd always see the white bezel regardless of what I'm doing. I recently got an iPad mini w/ retina in black and I find that I look at the screen a lot more and not the bezel.

So for me, the black would be my choice.

ty99

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a white/silver mini, the silver back case is the natural color of anodized aluminum, without paint coating over it. It got scratches easily as I noticed with mine.
I now have iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Air 128 GB and iPad miniR 128 GB, all in Space/Grey with Apple black leather cases.
I prefer Space/Grey color because It gives cleaner display area and less deflection from the black bezel.

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your replies. My space gray came in and I tried to swap it out at the store before opening it for a white and they didn't have any left of the iPads in 32 gb white or space gray in my area. I decided to keep the space gray. After a day with it I really do love it. I don't think I regret not getting the white either. Next time I'll definitely try and branch out and maybe switch colors. For now I am in love with this iPad!!!

tduffysd

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
As my delivery date for my ipad air approaches, I am starting to really doubt my color choice.
I ordered the space gray, but I am really contemplating if I should have gone with the white instead.
I stopped by my local best buy today and was drawn to the white one instantly.
However the only thing I don?t like...well hate, is the little black border around the screen.
For some reason I seem to really focus in on it and can't seem to ignore it.
The rest of the device is just stunning in the white. I have never had a white device and this would be a nice change.

So my question is, does that black border bother you? Do you end up getting used to it?

TIA
never noticed it until you mentioned it

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I usually go for the black/darker version so I have a larger black bezel while watching videos and the like. I find it more distracting having a big white border than a big black border. You'll see this in TV's too (how many TV's are out there with big white borders?).

kimc5555

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Same here, I have a White iPhone 5s and I just got the iPad Air in white (my first iPad and so far loving it), and I haven't noticed the border at all!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner