Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Default Sprint iPad Air Locked

I've read articles and plenty of commenters from various forums or blogs. I recently bought a iPad Air through Sprint and I was wondering whether it works on AT&T. I was told I can call Sprint and get them to unlock, but does the iPad Air work on LTE network.

Has anyone experienced using a different network for what the iPad Air was intended for? I also read that since it's on configured to a Sprint CDMA network it cannot be used for Verizon. I read that Verizon iPad Airs can be used on AT&T network, but with Sprint it will not work.

Just trying if anyone has experience any issues. I rather just sell the iPad Air if I cannot use for AT&T, but would like confirmation if it's possible or not.
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Default Re: Sprint iPad Air Locked

iPads are sold unlocked for the gsm and LTE sim slot. It's not unlocked for CDMA so you can use it on Verizon for LTE data but not 3G CDMA. You should be able to use it with no issues or limitations on ATT for 3G gsm and for LTE. Just swap the SIM card.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    iPads are sold unlocked for the gsm and LTE sim slot. It's not unlocked for CDMA so you can use it on Verizon for LTE data but not 3G CDMA. You should be able to use it with no issues or limitations on ATT for 3G gsm and for LTE. Just swap the SIM card.
    So, it's not a situation where the iPad is locked to Sprint network... I am able to use it for AT&T correct?

Have you experienced using a CDMA iPad for a GSM network...
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ludatyk View Post
    So, it's not a situation where the iPad is locked to Sprint network... I am able to use it for AT&T correct?

Have you experienced using a CDMA iPad for a GSM network...
    There is only one model of the iPad air being sold. Yes it will work on ATT. The only place it probably won't work is Verizon 3G CDMA.