iPad Air does have screen retention too

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
With everybody talking about this screen retention issue on the iPad Mini retina display, I decided to test my mini and it did have it. Doesn't bother me. You won't notice it unless you run the test. So last night a decided to run the test on my Air and it did have it too. No big deal. You won't notice it unless you test it. Has anybody else tried running the test on their Air?

Retina MBP (rMBP) image-retention test

Scallops

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
If I run this test on my RMini, do I have to let it run for the full 10 minutes?

Yes, run for 10 minutes - but you'll need to go into Settings, General, and set Screen lock to say 15 minutes (just to do the test). That way, your display will remain illuminated. Don't watch the display, because your eyes will get "retention" so when the screen turns grey after 10 minutes it might give you a false result.

I'd like to know why some Airs have this "issue", yet others don't.

bboykin87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, run for 10 minutes - but you'll need to go into Settings, General, and set Screen lock to say 15 minutes (just to do the test). That way, your display will remain illuminated. Don't watch the display, because your eyes will get "retention" so when the screen turns grey after 10 minutes it might give you a false result.

I'd like to know why some Airs have this "issue", yet others don't.

I think it has to do with who makes the display, Apple gets their displays from different places. I think Sharp and LG. I think one may be affected and not the other,or more prevalent in one, and not the other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bembol

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Why go looking for trouble when you can't see it on regular usage.

I used to be like this but after therapy I've gotten better and learned to enjoy my toys instead of severely putting it on a microscope. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2