Would you return this Air over this?

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
If it was my device and I noticed the scratch, I would return it. It may work fine right now, but how did it get scratched? The scratch could possibly affect the resale value if you decided to sell it later on.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Scallops

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Well that is right - it was very expensive, and all my other Apple products have been perfect, so I expect this one to be too. Thanks again - I'm going in!

Scallops

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Well, I just returned from the Apple Store, and once again, nothing was too much trouble for them. Replaced, no issue - and the replacement's body is perfect, and the display appears to be perfect too. Thanks again - I wasn't sure if I was making a mountain out of a mole hill, but I'm much happier now. :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I just returned from the Apple Store, and once again, nothing was too much trouble for them. Replaced, no issue - and the replacement's body is perfect, and the display appears to be perfect too. Thanks again - I wasn't sure if I was making a mountain out of a mole hill, but I'm much happier now. :)

Thanks for the update, my friend, and I'm glad you were able to get it replaced without any problems....:)

Henry Barnett

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
It's not a problem for Apple so it shouldn't be a problem for you. Apple want customers to be happy. One who complains is not a happy customer. Change it for a new one and do Apple a favour. Got one too, Mac air, they are great.

bounce007

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Once you have spent your hard earned money, I feel like you are entitled to return it for whatever reason you want (granted it's not your fault). It sets your mind at ease too!

Exsurgo

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
The scratch is not a big deal, but considering what you paid, and it was bought new, you should get one without a scratch or scratches. I just bought a new car..after driving the 5 miles home, I discovered a scratch on the back. I went back to the dealer and they buffed it out. It will likely get scratched over the years, but to me it's the principle of the thing...it's brand new. Just a thought. Good luck!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2