iPad Air stuck in landscape mode?

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
While I've not picked up an iPad Air myself, several of my friends have no and they've all complained to me that it will get stuck in landscape mode every now and then generally requiring a reboot. I had never heard of this so didn't really have a fix for them, have any iPad Air owners noticed this and/or have a fix for it?

ifan1983

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
It has happened to me twice, the first time was at the Apple Store when I bought it. I didn't have the orientation lock on and I did have to restart the air to get the screen to rotate. The second time was about 2 weeks later and it hasn't happened to me since. Hopefully 7.1 will fix whatever bug this may be.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It has happened to me several times and I finally discovered a fix. It has something to do with the multitouch gestures. Every time this happens, I do the multitouch gesture to open the app-switcher (four finger swipe up), choose choose an app, and voila, my screen rotates again. Very odd... I'll try turning gesture controls off and see if it ever happens again.

Has this happened to anyone who never uses gesture controls?

d0ink

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me after updating my out-of-the-box 7.0.3 -> 7.0.4. After the update process, it was stuck in portrait mode even after toggling the orientation lock both in Settings and the Control center. A reboot fixed it and it hasn't happened since..

iMarek

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

it happened one time to mine iPad Air 64GB3G and one time to the friend of mine with iPad Air 64GB.
Reboot solved the problem and it haven't occured any more so far (like 3 weeks or little more).

Regards,
iM@rek

Drewbs

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Check the switch on the side, in settings u can decide if to use it as a mute or rotate lock, had my iPad for 6 months and this hasn't happened to me.

Sent from my iPod touch using iMore Forums

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Tell them to update their iDevices iOS to the latest (If they are not jailbroken of course) it could be iOS 7.0.+ on ipad bug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2