- iMore Beginner
- 63 Posts
Couple of nitpicks
I got my new Air and want to share a little first impressions. First my background: I write books on Apple stuff and I know my way around their stuff, so definitely no noob here Overall I like the device, but there are some little issues.
1) where the iPad 4 stuttered, Air stutters too. New version of Pages (scrolling in the doc library), Downcast, multitasking (especially multitouch gestures), sometimes even the Fav lists in Safari. New clean install. iOS 7 is the culprit here but I did sort of expect some improvement.
2) sound is definitely improved, but the whole thing now vibrates with higher volumes. The chassis is so thin this is probably the inevitable trade off. Also, you can now flex the iPad a little bit. Definitely feels less solid. But I know we can't get heft and lightness at the same time.
3) mute switch/gesture lock is so flush I can only flick it with a fingernail. No big deal. On the other hand, the Home button seems a bit more sturdy now.
What do you guys think?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by stooovie; 11-12-2013 at 01:04 PM.
- 11-12-2013, 12:21 PM #2
- 11-12-2013, 04:18 PM #3
- 11-12-2013, 05:25 PM #4
- 11-12-2013, 06:54 PM #5
- 11-12-2013, 07:38 PM #6
- 11-12-2013, 08:01 PM #7
- 12-10-2013, 02:45 AM #8
- By Jaguarr40 in forum iPhone 5cReplies: 21Last Post: 11-17-2013, 02:41 PM
- By vinay702 in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 4Last Post: 11-13-2013, 07:25 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-12-2013, 08:53 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-11-2013, 08:30 PM
- By Chris Parsons in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-11-2013, 11:54 AM