Couple of nitpicks

stooovie

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I got my new Air and want to share a little first impressions. First my background: I write books on Apple stuff and I know my way around their stuff, so definitely no noob here :) Overall I like the device, but there are some little issues.

1) where the iPad 4 stuttered, Air stutters too. New version of Pages (scrolling in the doc library), Downcast, multitasking (especially multitouch gestures), sometimes even the Fav lists in Safari. New clean install. iOS 7 is the culprit here but I did sort of expect some improvement.

2) sound is definitely improved, but the whole thing now vibrates with higher volumes. The chassis is so thin this is probably the inevitable trade off. Also, you can now flex the iPad a little bit. Definitely feels less solid. But I know we can't get heft and lightness at the same time.

3) mute switch/gesture lock is so flush I can only flick it with a fingernail. No big deal. On the other hand, the Home button seems a bit more sturdy now.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone's Air have the home button ever so slightly raised??

Mine is flush with the bottom bezel. I do recall my Mini home button being slightly raised and it was never a problem. I would rather it be slightly raised rather than being in too far as I've seen with some display models.

Sent from my iPad Air.

minimo3

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
My button is flush. I prefer the feel of the traditional home button in the iPad air to the stiffer, clickier one in the 5s. It has a more pleasant tactile feel

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I can't nitpick with this device. It is by far the best piece of tech I have purchased in the last three years. I can't find anything bad to say about it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2