Any Ipad Air owners returning it for the Ipad Mini with retina?

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I checked out the Mini R at the Apple Store yesterday and the screen is gorgeous, no doubt. Despite that, while I was playing with it I couldn't stop missing the Air. I can definitely see the advantage of the Mini size-wise but honestly my Air fits in my bag fine (I have a small Lowepro "tablet" sling backpack) and it's way lighter than my iPad 3 ever was. After having the Air since launch day I wasn't tempted by the Mini R for a second.

Loony4Fruit

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I have both and am returning the mini. I like the form factor but text is just way too small especially in portrait, which is the way I prefer to use my ipad. Nice device, but the Air works much better for me. It used to be a much tougher decision because of how much thicker and heavier the big iPads used to be. The Air changes all of that.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Already returned the Air in favor of the rMini. I love this thing! Laying on the couch or in bed this just works so much better for me compared to the Air. I am on the road a lot during the week so the smaller footprint and weight of the rMini also make it a keeper!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
As a previous Mini owner, I had to try it along with my Air. It's not even a close call. The retina Mini is going back. The Air it is.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Keeping the Air.

I lived with the squints for a year with original Mini, and love the size and portability, but it was getting just too small to read. Air form factor has delivered me from the brink of mini-blindness. I can see again, and the difference in weight is negligible: a half-pound? That's a burger. Without the bun.

Chrysalis1156

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I thought I was going to dislike the Air because of the size & weight. I have a BlackBerry PlayBook and the smaller size lends itself really well to reading. I was very wrong. No way I'd give up my beautiful 128GB Air. I've started reading my epubs on it instead & so far have managed to avoid getting smacked in the face when I fall asleep. Doubtful it will remain so for much longer. ;)

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I've had the iPad 1, 2, 3, and mini (sequentially, not all at once!). I loved my mini...until I left it on a plane a week ago. But once I save up enough to replace it, I'll be getting an Air. While I love the size of the mini, I do type a lot on my iPad; I don't have a laptop. And while I could type on my mini, I found that I had a LOT more typos when I did so. So, I stopped by the Apple store and played with the Air. I'm sold! Now to earn the money I need to buy one...sigh...

mikespad

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
keeping my ipad air. as a photographer, i'm used to lugging around a lot of gear anyway, including a laptop that's now replaced by the air. the larger display of the air has more visual impact with clients, at least I like to think so ;-)

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Initially, I was going to go with the iPad mini with retina. But I didn't want to wait and I got the Air. I am so glad that I got the Air. Having the bigger screen is awesome when finger typing with the device sitting on my lap. I really like watching video on the Air too. This thing is the best device that I have had in years. I cannot find anything wrong with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The iPad air is a fantastic device, and I am finding myself debating which device I want. I am leaning more towards the air, but I think I am going to have to jump to a 32gb version from the 16gb version. I love the device, and while I have managed to be fine with just 16gb iPads in the past, I am really debating if it is time too upgrade so I can get the most out of my iPad.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Air. I currently use a Galaxy Note 2 so it's damn near tablet sized anyway. The air is so light and skinnier compared to previous iPad (or at least my original gen) that it was a no brainer. It's not that much bigger and if I'm carrying something bigger than a phone then air isn't that much different than a mini IMHO.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I am SO glad I traded up for an Air! I will never go back!

I agree. I think that the bigger size makes it a better all-around device. I love watching movies, reading books and magazines, and playing games on the bigger screen. This has become my all-time favorite device.

Loony4Fruit

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I did actually just return an Air for a mini. To me the portability of the mini is just awesome. The smaller screen takes some getting used to initially, but being able to manipulate and carry the mini so much more easily is enough to make up for the difference in viewing experience.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2