Can someone explain how MIMO works?

mrdmc

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I picked up my iPad Air on Friday, and I love it, but but I don't really notice a difference with downloading apps, magazines, etc. verses my version 4 iPad. Should it be faster? Is there something I need to do to turn it on? Has anyone else noticed an increase in download speeds? Thanks for any help with this.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I picked up my iPad Air on Friday, and I love it, but but I don't really notice a difference with downloading apps, magazines, etc. verses my version 4 iPad. Should it be faster? Is there something I need to do to turn it on? Has anyone else noticed an increase in download speeds? Thanks for any help with this.

This explains it better than I could... and there’s nothing for you to do except connect your iPad to a compatible router.

MIMO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have found that my iPad Air is much faster than the 2 I had, it's actually the fastest device on my 2.4 Ghz band. I get between 40 and 50 Mbps around my home. I can imagine on the 5 ghz band I'd get my ISP speeds.

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
With my Airport Extreme 5th generation single antenna i was getting in the 30 to 70 mbps downloads.

Picked up the 6th generation Airport Extreme tower with six antenna. Since the IPad Air has two antenna, could now get true MIMO beaming. And both have ac wifi.

Signal strength is greater everywhere around the house. Highest speeds now in the 90 mbps. However so many other factors play into download speed you can not consistently get that speed.

Still the MIMO Feature does work as low signal spots are now gone anywhere on my property.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2