Can someone explain how MIMO works?
I picked up my iPad Air on Friday, and I love it, but but I don't really notice a difference with downloading apps, magazines, etc. verses my version 4 iPad. Should it be faster? Is there something I need to do to turn it on? Has anyone else noticed an increase in download speeds? Thanks for any help with this.
- 11-03-2013, 05:41 PM #2iMore Genius
iPhone 5S (Space Gray.32GB.ATT) iPad Mini Retina (Space Gray.128GB.ATT) Retina MacBook Pro (15" 2012.i7)
- 8,280 Posts
- iOS Version
- iOS 7.0.4
thoroughly bored with this place
- 11-04-2013, 05:23 PM #4
- 11-04-2013, 07:41 PM #5
- 11-04-2013, 09:15 PM #7
- 11-05-2013, 01:45 PM #8iMore Newbie
- 35 Posts
Re: Can someone explain how MIMO works?
With my Airport Extreme 5th generation single antenna i was getting in the 30 to 70 mbps downloads.
Picked up the 6th generation Airport Extreme tower with six antenna. Since the IPad Air has two antenna, could now get true MIMO beaming. And both have ac wifi.
Signal strength is greater everywhere around the house. Highest speeds now in the 90 mbps. However so many other factors play into download speed you can not consistently get that speed.
Still the MIMO Feature does work as low signal spots are now gone anywhere on my property.
- By CSI Guy in forum iPhone 5cReplies: 5Last Post: 11-04-2013, 04:01 PM
- By sprocket2107 in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 3Last Post: 11-04-2013, 02:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-03-2013, 02:45 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-02-2013, 11:11 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-02-2013, 08:57 PM