Connecting to a Logitech Squeezebox boom through a Bluetooth adapter, and the volume is very low even at 100% on the iPad and 100% on the Squeezebox.

Does anyone know a way to boost it? Other phones/tablets have higher volume. Thanks
    whiterob420 likes this.
    11-02-2013 06:36 PM
    Have you tried re pairing? Delete the profile from the ipad and from the device and then start over. Worth a shot.
    11-05-2013 01:24 PM
    This is not a helpful hint. We all try to re-pair as this is the basic move. It is evident. The volume is still low. I assume the software should be improved that the users cannot help. Any better hint is very welcome as we cannot do anything with the recent software I guess.
    12-07-2013 04:21 AM
    I've noticed that when I pair my beats wireless headphones that after about 5 min of listening they cut out and I need to delete the pairing and repair them. It's really annoying and only happens on the new ipad air, no issues with iPhone 4S, iPod touch, MacBook Pro. But when it does work the sound is great
    12-10-2013 03:57 PM
    I have same/similar problem with iPad 3 and Vizio soundbar. The pairing went perfectly and the audio was great...later when I tried to play music again, the volume was incredibly low. Paired with Android tablet and all is well...it's something to do with the iPad.
    12-23-2013 09:28 AM
    Connecting to a Logitech Squeezebox boom through a Bluetooth adapter, and the volume is very low even at 100% on the iPad and 100% on the Squeezebox.

Does anyone know a way to boost it? Other phones/tablets have higher volume. Thanks
    Can't say I have this problem on my JBL Pulse speaker. That's odd.
    12-24-2013 03:15 PM
    I had the same problem with an aftermarket Bluetooth kit for my car. To get to the Bluetooth volume you have to connect to the Bluetooth device then make or receive a phone call. When you do it pops up a page where one of the options is Audio Source, in my case I had three choices (the Bluetooth car kit, the iphone, and the iphone speaker). I selected Bluetooth car kit and then pressed the '+' volume button on the side of the phone up to the max. It worked. I could never find any other place where you could set the Bluetooth volume.
    12-28-2013 05:50 AM
    You are using a Bluetooth Music Receiver to connect with a Logitech Squeezebox boom. May I ask why, this an internet radio can be used to transmit signal through intranet. The quality is better through WiFi than Bluetooth.
    01-28-2014 01:08 AM
    I wish I had a solution for you but I haven't experienced any issues connecting to my speaker or wireless headphones.
    01-28-2014 01:28 AM
    Yes, I found the way of using the side buttons to control bluetooth volume when phoning but on the next call it always defaults to the low setting again unlike 'Phone' and 'speaker' options which retain their settings until changed. If anyone knows how to turn this off or make a user default I'd love to here it. Meanwhile I've written a fairly detailed letter to Apple about this. I hope others do the same.
    05-10-2014 02:19 PM
    I just had this problem. Before trying to re-pair, go to settings and tell Bluetooth to forget the device, then re-pair.
    06-28-2014 12:38 PM
    Thanks pkcable and johnJoseph5 ! )
    This nil volume issue drove me up the wall last night! grrr.
    I tried 'reconnecting' several times - that was no help.

The trick is in telling your ipad to forget the device. ... (touch the little blue ringed "I" icon for this option)
    08-07-2014 04:19 AM
    I just fixed the same issue I had with my iPhone 4S and an iHome Bluetooth wireless speaker.
    I went to settings and used "forget this device" on the iPhone. I then reconnected to the Bluetooth speaker and now the sound level is back to normal.
    aragusa11 likes this.
    05-06-2015 03:00 PM
    I just had this problem. Before trying to re-pair, go to settings and tell Bluetooth to forget the device, then re-pair.
    06-01-2015 03:55 AM
    I just toggled off and on the keyboard clicks switch under settings and the Bluetooth volume was normal again.
    06-01-2015 03:56 AM
    That is settings/sounds/keyboard clicks
    06-01-2015 03:57 AM
    Thanks worked a treat
    09-04-2015 10:15 PM
    04-08-2016 09:15 AM
    Thanks. Worked immediately!
    04-08-2016 09:16 AM
    Hi everyone,

I'm desperate. I tried eeeeeverything I found on several forums, including the advice provided by Apple, turn off Facebook, re-pairing, forget the bluetooth device and connect it again, change the volume via screen and buttons, change the sound settings on the Facebook app, change the audio settings of the iphone, etc. and I'm forgetting some.
    Would you have any other advice please ? The volume on my bluetooth speakers used to be way higher, I don't know why it changed. When I try to call someone while I'm connected to Bluetooth, the volume is really high, like it should be, but as soon as I change it back to music ... Low.
    I have an IPhone 5C.

Thank you !!
    04-18-2016 11:43 AM
    Were you able to find a solution for this? We have a big blue party bluetooth speaker and anytime we connect via bluetooth the volume is very low.
    06-30-2016 12:05 PM
    "laoudi"

I have same problem ((
    08-20-2016 12:41 AM
    Forgetting and re-pairing worked for me.

I have an iPhone 6 going to a Vizio 5.1 soundbar. The sound is better when using my Apple TV, but doing so ruins gapless playback with a 3-second pause between tracks. I listen to live music where this really kills the vibe, so the Bluetooth mode is preferable. Suddenly the volume was just nonexistent, even though it was still plenty loud going through Apple TV and the Optical cable input from the TV. I followed the above suggestion, went into my iPhone's Bluetooth settings and "Forgot" the Vizio. Then I did a re-pair with both devices, and the volume is back to full.
    02-10-2017 01:52 PM
    Forgetting and re-pairing worked for me.

I have an iPhone 6 going to a Vizio 5.1 soundbar. The sound is better when using my Apple TV, but doing so ruins gapless playback with a 3-second pause between tracks. I listen to live music where this really kills the vibe, so the Bluetooth mode is preferable. Suddenly the volume was just nonexistent, even though it was still plenty loud going through Apple TV and the Optical cable input from the TV. I followed the above suggestion, went into my iPhone's Bluetooth settings and "Forgot" the Vizio. Then I did a re-pair with both devices, and the volume is back to full.
    Once you are paired to your device to your Bluetooth device, then turn up your volume on your iPhone 6.
    02-10-2017 07:01 PM
    Thanks for the advice. This worked for me.
    05-23-2017 12:07 PM