Best Buy Experience

KJD209

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the Ipad Air at Best Buy on release day. First, when I tried to get them to match the Walmart $479 price, the salesman denied it claiming that the price was only good online and not in stores. When I showed him a photo of store stock with the $479 price tag, he told me that he knew no local Walmarts had it and therefore he did not have to match it. When I said that I would call the local stores and then call Best Buy customer service, he said that it was only $20, so he would take it off.
Second, when I went to purchase a Smart Cover, I noticed that the black and pink ones were $39 and all other colors were $49 dollars. I had to argue with the salesman to have him match the BB online price of $39 for a blue one.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that's an experience that will leave a bad taste in your mouth. I'm glad you were able to get the prices matched and I hope you enjoy your new iPad Air!

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Second, when I went to purchase a Smart Cover, I noticed that the black and pink ones were $39 and all other colors were $49 dollars. I had to argue with the salesman to have him match the BB online price of $39 for a blue one.
That was marked the same way at our BB also. When I pointed it out they said they haven't updated all the tags and it was $39 irrespective of the color and that's what they charged me for my blue one.

Sorry you had a bad experience, mine pleasant and smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I really dislike bestbuy and futureshop. I never have a great experience there and they always try to push the warranty. Not to mention they're incompetent and don't know their own policies. Maybe it's just my local stores.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I think it's more the sales person than the store, I've had good experiences and bad ones at BestBuy . But the same thing can be said about anywhere.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I really dislike bestbuy and futureshop. I never have a great experience there and they always try to push the warranty. Not to mention they're incompetent and don't know their own policies. Maybe it's just my local stores.

I have been banned from my local Best Buy for getting into a heated argument with a sales rep who I watched try upsellng this little old lady this microwave that she just did not need. I listened to her as she was explaining what she wanted/needed and they sales rep thought it would be a good idea to sway her away from the model she needed and insisted on the "big d!ck" model with all the bells and whistles. When I opened up my mouth he copped and attitude and I gave it right back. Management ended up coming and instead of listening to what I witnessed I was kicked out and essentially banned. Oh and the old lady? Thanked me and left the store.

I HATE BB.

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had nothing but good experiences with Best Buy. I bought the Air, on launch day, walked in and out of the store in less than 10 minutes.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't like shopping at Bestbuy or Futureshop. I'd rather pay the list price at the Apple store than go to Bestbuy or Futureshop and get a small discount.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had problems with Best Buy in the past, over the years and I have learned to just ask for a manager when I have troubles, saves time and they usually make it right. There have been a couple of times that I have had to call corporate because of terrible service, however they usually don't do much other than send a gift card which isn't something I am interested in.

rahrah12

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I've always have had great experiences with BB - even with price matching. Have often just had the price from a competitor on my phone and simply showed the guy ringing up the item. No problems.

With items I have found comparative pricing online I would simply call the BB price match number, provide the website, place the order, and pick up in store.

Sounds like that sales guy simply had no clue what he was talking about and tried to cover his **** in the end. Sorry you had to deal with that.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My overall experience with Best Buy has been pretty "meh". Sometimes the service and help is excellent, other times, not so much. The car audio installer at the BB near me is awesome, and I cannot recommend him any more highly. Same with the previous Apple rep in the computer section. But many times, the folks that you encounter are simply there to fill the time and get a paycheck.

Ravynmagi

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I avoid buying anything at Best Buy if I can. They are my last resort if I need something now. I was happy that Target had the iPad Air in stock at $479, so got mine there. A much better return policy too.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner