Ipad Air owners share here

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I dont have one yet but boy I cant wait. With the weight and size, this is what I think the ipad should have been years ago!

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hands down best iPad ever! The weight, and slimmer bezels are a keeper, throw in the improved specs, it's an all around win for buyers.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I had the same dilemma and wound up opting for the Air. It's only a quarter pound heavier than the mini now and with the trimmed bezels it's a joy to hold and fits better in a bag. Then again I already have the older mini so the full-size iPad was a bigger upgrade to my iPad 3 than the retina mini would be to my existing mini so that did play a huge part.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Great battery life so far
I am finding the same. I went Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon with the charge it came with, I think around 80% and playing with it every possible minute. I finally charged it last evening and this is what it shows now.

I never had any complaints about my iPad 2 battery life, but this is really great. :)

zy7uzuhy.jpg

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I had the same dilemma and wound up opting for the Air. It's only a quarter pound heavier than the mini now and with the trimmed bezels it's a joy to hold and fits better in a bag. Then again I already have the older mini so the full-size iPad was a bigger upgrade to my iPad 3 than the retina mini would be to my existing mini so that did play a huge part.

this made too much sense to me... so I pulled the trigger on an Air 64GB WiFi+Cellular (space grey). Will keep my original Mini, and wait for the next Mini Retina (Mini 3), which if history is any indication, will be in a new enclosure, while iPad 6 (Air 2) will keep the same form factor for another cycle.

Says delivery on Nov 11. Hopefully it shows up sooner. Regardless - I'll consider it an early b-day present - which how I kinda justified to myself. :D

iamdjpaul

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the iPad since launch. And I must admit it is light. Coming from iPad 2 you can really feel the difference. I had to hold it up against my old ipad because I could believe the weight difference. For those of you on the fence between the mini and you plan on using it at home. I say get the air. I don't think you can go wrong with the bigger screen.

If you are going to carry it around and won't have it in a computer bag or big purse then the Mini is probably a better match for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I grabbed a 64gb model of the Air today for my wife. She dropped her iPad 3 gen a couple of days after the announcement - after I had already decided NOT to upgrade... anyway, long story short, it’s a great iPad... she is extremely happy...

Now, what do I do about my Mini? :)

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered the Air and I am new to the Ipad thing. Can you use other browsers besides Safari?

Yes you can. Google Chrome is popular and there are others in the App Store. Only thing is that they all must use the Safari engine so they're essentially all the same from a page-rendering perspective (except for a few that render elements server-side like Puffin).

cgk

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Just got an Air (it was free), really like lots of things about it (especially the weight, battery life) but I must confess some of the lock-in stuff is a bit tiresome - for example working with documents in dropbox needs a bit of playing around with and I think Android makes it a little easier to stitch various apps together.

Last edited:

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I will also keep my regular Mini. Still a great travel device or for reading in bed with.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73