Either ALL the T-Mobile articles/marketing materials were wrong....

slumpbuster

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
or they tried to dupe me in the store. From everything I read/was told, you did NOT have to be a current voice customer to receive the free 200mb of data and finance the device over 24 months for $26.25/month.

Well, I got to the store and I either had to buy the device outright ($629.99 plus tax), or if I financed it, I'd have to pay an extra $10/mo for data.

Am I wrong here, or was this just an isolated incident at a T-Mobile store?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not with T-mobile, but I've learned that if it appears too go to be true, expect the unexpected. There's a saying that goes, "It's not the bait that gets you; it's the hook."

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I am a bit confused. I plan on buying the T-Mobile 32GB Air full price (always have), as long as I pay full price I am entitled to the 200MB of free data?

D

Deleted member 233079

I purchased the cellular version on tmobile today to get the free 200mb a month. I'm a current AT&T iPhone customer, never been with tmobile.

I better still get this deal. I like it because there is no contract and the additional data is very cheap if needed. I rarely will, mainly use wifi, but it will be nice to use the 200mb when I'm in a pinch.

Also the cheap international costs are awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping to do this with the Mini Retina. I currently have 3 phones on AT&T but would like to see how T-Mo service works in my area. If I get decent coverage I am going to move my phone lines over next year.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Well I was in two different T-Mobile stores today and both of them told me in order to do the Jump program with an iPad and then get the 200 mb free data, I would have to buy a $30 data plan.

D

Deleted member 233079

Anyone who sticks in a T-Mobile SIM card (anything- prepaid, postpaid, etc) gets the 200mb free.

I went into a T- Mo store today to see what other options they had for adding more data. I already had the 200mb on prepaid (I am a AT&T customer, who purchased a T-Mobile iPad, registered and got, the 200mb, free!)

They offered me a postpaid plan. Basically it's $10 a month, but then I get a $10 credit. Essentially I have to pay fees at the end of the month. It works out to $1.70 a month if I don't add data. And I get the 200mb a month. The benefit over the prepaid plan is I don't get cut off after I run out of 200mb, I just get downgraded to edge speeds. I can them just go and purchase a data package which gets charged at the end of the month.

Here's the breakdown of add on data packages for my plan:
$1 per hour for unlimited data
$5 per day for 500mb
$10 per week for 1gb
$20 per month for 2.5gb

My plan is called the $10 on-demand plan. But I get a $10 discount every month. So it works out to $1.70 in fees. I just pay the $1.70 + whatever data plan above a add-on for the month.

So if I'm stranded someone without wifi for an hour, I can add the unlimited for $1, verses, I know I needed a day, etc. whatever.

It's pretty awesome and versatile.

They have better options if you know you will use more, but I mainly use wifi, so I don't anticipate I will use more than the occasional $1 here and there. So this is absolutely perfect for me. Plus I love the fact I can use my free 200mb every month, then downgrade to edge speeds (prepaid just cuts out).

This plan also qualifies for their international, so if I go abroad, the plan works for their roaming partners as well.

Honestly, made me fall Iove with T-mo.
I called after I left the store to confirm. This is my plan!

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
or they tried to dupe me in the store. From everything I read/was told, you did NOT have to be a current voice customer to receive the free 200mb of data and finance the device over 24 months for $26.25/month.

Well, I got to the store and I either had to buy the device outright ($629.99 plus tax), or if I financed it, I'd have to pay an extra $10/mo for data.

Am I wrong here, or was this just an isolated incident at a T-Mobile store?

The reason you got denied is because you want to finance the device. You can only do that if you are an existing customer with a recurring monthly fee or will become one upon purchasing the device. You won't be one if you will only have the "free" plan. If you buy it outright you will have the 200mb of data as promised.

Sent from my iPad mini Retina

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
I am an ATT customer and never have been a t-mobile customer. I was able to get the 200MB free with no problems.

Just go to Settings. Turn WIFI off. Go to Cellular. Turn on if not already on. Click View Account... Select option to create a new account. Fill out all of the appropriate pages. You are given the option of purchasing more data but they are not required fields. Complete the signup process. You get 200MB free.

That's because you bought the device outright. He wants to finance it and get the free data without having any other financial obligation to TMobile.

Sent from my iPad mini Retina

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro