The iPad Air or MacBook Air Which would you choose?

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
re:

I've been thinking for so long, what would I use an iPad for?

The only thing I can think of is if I'm on an Airplane or on a trip or something. Otherwise... I just wouldn't use one.

grassyblue

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
re:

Assuming the MBA was your only computer, this is a no brained. iOS devices, while great, still have some limitations software wise. And some websites don't support mobile browsers for certain critical functions. If I had to choose one, it'd have to be the MacBook.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
re:

iPad Air. I don't have a need for a laptop anymore. I have been getting along just fine with an iPad. I know that isn't the case for others. But it is for me.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
re:

iPad Air plus Bluetooth keyboard case for this trip. Will see how it goes

I used to use Bluetooth keyboards but I don't anymore. I like typing on the virtual keyboard. It also saves some battery not having to have to use the Bluetooth keyboard. Once you really get used to typing on the virtual keyboard, you will really love the iPad Air.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
re:

I used to use Bluetooth keyboards but I don't anymore. I like typing on the virtual keyboard. It also saves some battery not having to have to use the Bluetooth keyboard. Once you really get used to typing on the virtual keyboard, you will really love the iPad Air.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scratch that. I have since used the Anker keyboard case for my iPad Air and I love it. By far the best keyboard I have used for the Air.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

Criss Mikel

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
re:

i think ipad air is better if you leave home and you going a school ,shopping , pic nic , etc ... but at home i choose mackbook :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
re:

If I absolutely had to make a choice, the MacBook Air, with its superlative battery life, is a no brainer for serious work. Plus I can make do with it as a media consumption device with apps like iBooks, iTunes, etc.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
re:

If I absolutely had to make a choice, the MacBook Air, with its superlative battery life, is a no brainer for serious work. Plus I can make do with it as a media consumption device with apps like iBooks, iTunes, etc.

That's what I did, and for similar reasons. Recently moved to the new MacBook Air from the original iPad. I like having full Finder, Network Monitor, Activity Monitor and related tools that are native to OS X. A lazy move on my part, but I can easily Screen Share into my multi-monitor Mac Mini setup that's in the home office from the other side of the house. Screen Share displays both screens, or I can choose between the two. Or, I can do the same with my kids systems if needed. Just a few options that are possible, natively included, and in my view easier to do with a full featured laptop.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
re:

iPad Air for me. I can get the entire iWork suite on it, buy a bluetooth keyboard, and have a fully-functioning productive laptop replacement. :)

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
re:

I just picked up a new Zagg keyboard case and I love it nice and slim and the battery on tis is awesome.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
re:

I would like to get a Mac, but if I had to choose between the Air and a Mac, I'd go Air all day. After owning an iPad, I don't think I could go back to life without one lol

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
re:

I just picked up a new Zagg keyboard case and I love it nice and slim and the battery on tis is awesome.

I have the Logitech Ultraslim keyboard case and it is awesome. It make my iPad Air very productive. I'm not going to buy a laptop anymore. The iPad does everything that I need and it is a lot faster than any laptop I have ever owned.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
re:

iPad Air. I don't use the bluetooth keyboard. Happy with the virtual one.

I have recently gone back to using the software keyboard and I am really enjoying the experience. I have always been able top type on it in the traditional way, but I have always thought that it was better to use a bluetooth keyboard. I have to admit, I'm almost as fast and just as accurate on the software keyboard. There are a few things I like better about using the software keyboard over using the bluetooth one. I had noticed that there are times when you cannot input text in some input boxes on the web. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. When you use the software keyboard, you have the luxury of having autocorrect. Even though the bluetooth keyboards today don't burn a lot of your iPad's battery, having bluetooth does burn up. Some. Not having to have that enabled saves some juice. And you don't have to worry about charging the bluetooth keyboard. Many of them last up to three months on one charge, but you will eventually have to charge it. And the last advantage of using the software keyboard is versatility. I don't have to worry about disconnecting or taking the iPad out of the keyboard case when I want to use my iPad for a multimedia device like gaming, watching videos, reading, or anything else.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro