Lines on Launch Day?

kritter217

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I very much want the iPad Air on November 1. I have been waiting to (finally) replace my iPad 1 for a while now, and for the last three weeks I have been without any iPad as I sold the 1. I do not want to order online and wait for it to ship. So....looks like I am lining up at an Apple store. I have never participated in a launch day line up. I know it varies from launch to launch, and store to store, but does anyone have any thought as to how early I should show up? I am wanting a 32GB, WiFi only. The store I will be at is suburban, upscale area (Deer Park in Illinois if anyone knows it). Would 5:00 or 6:00 a.m. be reasonable?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No one knows what the supply and demand for the Air is yet. If Apple starts sales for it at 8:00am, you might want to go a little earlier than 5am. You can always order it online and have it shipped to your house.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
what time do you think is a good time? I too was thinking like 5 but could go earlier if I needed to- I am in New Haven CT area...

kritter217

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I do not want to wait for shipping. I would like to have it on November 1. I guess the safe thing to do is to show up earlier and I can always sit in the car if I arrive too early.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I guess the safe thing to do is to show up earlier and I can always sit in the car if I arrive too early.

This would be the best thing to do since waiting isn't an option for you. I think the 32GB a WiFi model is going to be a popular one and could sell out pretty quick depending on the supply that the store gets in.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Lines for an ipad? Perhaps at apple stores on launch day but this shouldn't be a problem to get most places. I just don't see it. I wouldn't be surprised to see stores discounting the ipad Air soon much like they did the ipad 4 last year. The retina Mini though could be a different story.

dlukac

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I intend on purchasing but don't have the luxury of taking the morning off. If I get up early can I just order it online for store pickup and get it after work?

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I plan to buy from apple store app and pick up the store. As soon as we are able to order I will choose the pick up at store option. I don't necessarily need to be the first one with an iPad air. Don't mind going during lunch or even after work to get it.

...via iPhone5S from TapaTalk...

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I plan to buy from apple store app and pick up the store. As soon as we are able to order I will choose the pick up at store option. I don't necessarily need to be the first one with an iPad air. Don't mind going during lunch or even after work to get it.

...via iPhone5S from TapaTalk...

When do they start offering this option? Can you do this right when they are available to order?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Lines for an ipad? Perhaps at apple stores on launch day but this shouldn't be a problem to get most places. I just don't see it. I wouldn't be surprised to see stores discounting the ipad Air soon much like they did the ipad 4 last year. The retina Mini though could be a different story.

Yeah. The mini is what would be the more in-demand device.

tbaptista

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Cool! Hope the supply is greater than the demand for the iPad Air. Planning on ordering my wife one as a "just because" gift and getting it inscribed. Just don't want to wait a month to get it.

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I think that after the 5s if I ask my boss for another Friday off ill be jobless, so I'm going to an AT&T store after work to try to find a 16 or 32 in Space Gray. I want to the Next program, so I'm limited to AT&T stores.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have tons of store credit for Best Buy, so I'm going to try to buy one from there as soon as I get out of work on Friday. Hopefully there'll still be some left. If not, then I'll just order one online.

Or maybe I should try ordering online right off the bat. Maybe for in-store pickup?

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
From reading several articles the iPad air will be plentiful on launch day, the mini will be in short supply when it gets released.

jarofclay73

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping that since the iPad Air and iPad Mini Retina have different release dates, that'll ease the lines up. In the bigger cities it may not make much of a difference.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2