Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Actual

Global Posts
    2,359 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default All I want for iPad 5 is...

The new thinner, lighter design language of the iPad mini. Hopefully the new screen tech and LED, along with incrementally improved battery tech, will make that possible.
    jarofclay73 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,036 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: All I want for iPad 5 is...

Faster CPU, thinner design than the 3/4, more like the 2nd gen. Better front facing camera and also looking for a lighter design. Finally, I am also looking for a complete design overhaul, I really admire the iPad Mini design.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,464 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I would love the new casing as the mini, but I hope they offer higher capacities than 64GB, and also have more colors for the Smart Cases, specifically orange and yellow.
    "If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you've tried"... -- Terrence C.

iPhone 5S 64GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad 4 128GB + LTE, iPad mini Retina 128GB + LTE, iPad 2 64GB Wifi, Apple TV 2 & 3, MacBook Pro 15 (Early 2011), iMac (2008 Intel), Powerbook G4, 2 Powerbook G3's, indigo iMac
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,190 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Biggest thing is not having it weigh like a brick. My biggest reason I left iPad 3 for the mini.

Global Posts
    20,105 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Speaking of the iPad 5, here's the latest "rumor". As always, take it however you will.

Global Posts
    15,528 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

Happy with the iPad 4.

I tried the Mini side by side and I rather take the size vs loss of resolution of display plus I need that extra space work things I am working on...
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

DonnaJ415 likes this.

Global Posts
    20,105 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post
    Happy with the iPad 4.

I tried the Mini side by side and I rather take the size vs loss of resolution of display plus I need that extra space work things I am working on...
    I'm still content with my iPad 2 and have no intentions of upgrading unless it craps out on me or something.

Global Posts
    15,528 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

True, there are +/- to all tablets. But the OS is what brings it together.... Displays are getting better, but on a smaller end not yet... I have tons of iPad 2 in-service and they work just fine.
    John Yester

Global Posts
    20,105 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post
    True, there are +/- to all tablets. But the OS is what brings it together.... Displays are getting better, but on a smaller end not yet... I have tons of iPad 2 in-service and they work just fine.
    No doubt, John. Anyway, I hope you have a fantastic Christmas, my friend....

Global Posts
    15,528 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

Always buddy!

Merry Christmas to you and your family as well!!!
    John Yester

Thanked by:
    JustMe'D (12-24-2012)
    iPhone Beginner

Thinner with some awesome features.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    807 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    I'm still content with my iPad 2 and have no intentions of upgrading unless it craps out on me or something.
    Still rocking the iPad 2 as well. Been with this device since a little while after it first released. I have no real reason to upgrade and haven't felt the need to do so. I bought my girlfriend the iPad Mini in white, and man have I fell in love. the design and beautiful and feels much more usable. The screen looks a little better, it's lighter, thinner and easier to handle. I gotta say, it made me want the Mini and I might go the the next generation Mini if the specs line up how I want them to.

But I think in the end I'll go for the fifth generation iPad. I'm hoping for all Rene mentioned, along with less side bezel, a faster processor, more memory, and features in iOS7 to take better advantage of the screen real estate.
    END
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

Well, as I have said before I would like-

Move to the iPhone 5/iPad mini aesthetic. (That covers thinner as well)
    Faster CPU & GPU
    Hopefully new screen tech
    iOS 7 (Please put in some nice changes)
    Ideas:
    • Better multi-tasking (take a page from webOS and use cards).
    • Better Siri integration locally on the device.
    • Make better use of lock screen.

DaPhoneking likes this.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

Speaker on the front!!!
    iMore Newbie

iOS Version

Each year each scientist import about 29 ISI article that talking about something new
    Some material that help us to make electric devices thinner and of course more flexible !
    Goes on quad qore is not important for me ! Use the cores optimum is importent ! Prime have quad core but is not useful because of it architect and many other items doesnt logical and useful and quantity is important for them not usability

I hope the next generation have useful hardware that give more flexibility to user and match with ios faster better and powerful such as in games give the the player more frame rate with a perfect geraphic !
    Use the tesselation in vga of mobility device ! I think it may be an image ! But i hope in future apple can reach to it
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,464 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by StevesBalls View Post
    Speaker on the front!!!
    I don't know about that, but I would like the speakers from the iPad mini: stereo and on the bottom, not on the back.
    "If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you've tried"... -- Terrence C.

iPhone 5S 64GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad 4 128GB + LTE, iPad mini Retina 128GB + LTE, iPad 2 64GB Wifi, Apple TV 2 & 3, MacBook Pro 15 (Early 2011), iMac (2008 Intel), Powerbook G4, 2 Powerbook G3's, indigo iMac
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

A new keyboard design with Left/Right-Keys to set the cursor.
    iMore Beginner

iOS Version

1.smaller bezel
    2.8MP back plus 3MP front
    3.10.1" screen
    4.better processor and GPU
    Thanked by:
    Jerry_ (10-09-2013)
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

What good is all the hardware specs mentioned unless they do a complete overhaul of the OS I mean really right now it's just as always a minimum upgrade of the iPad 4 small baby steps apple takes nothing revolutionary or with any wow factor. Now all they will be doing is driving the used costs down the iPad 4 if they keep to there now 6 month cycle. I mean come on sitting here typing on iPad 4 and the iOS 6 is like putting marble flooring down in a hut with mud floors. So boring.......
    Last edited by jphillips63; 01-11-2013 at 10:08 PM.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts

Today was the final "Return Day" for me if I wanted to cash in my 64gb mini for a 32gb 4th-Gen.. I kept the Mini.. If you read books.. go with the 4th-Gen there is an improvement when reading books.. But for everything else the design of the Mini is impossible to beat.. it ushers the iPad into 2013 with its weight and design.. The 5th-Gen MUST follow the path of the Mini.. how much weight can be shaved is speculation at this point.. but I would say they need to shave at least 1/2 a pound off the 5th-Gen and get it around 1 pound.. do that and match the thickness of the Mini along with a Serious Refresh in iOS 7 and I would strongly consider selling my 64gb mini for around $400.00 and making up the difference for a 64gb 5th-Gen.. If not, the Mini stays..
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I like the mini but I'm not in the market for it. I need the full screen. I do a lot of typing on my iPad and I need the extra real estate. I won't be getting the 5. I have decided to wait for the 6. But I'm interested to see what the 5 looks like because I'm sure the 6 will be similar. I'm still on the iPad 2. The only thing that I don't like about the 1 is that it doesn't have the retina display. Other than that I love it. When I get the 6 though, I will be getting the highest capacity available.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts

I would like the iPad 5 to be more of an "iPad Pro". While the Microsoft Surface Pro hasn't really caught on yet, it is gaining momentum (my office - in rural Georgia - started talking about picking them up for the police dept, etc in our region).

The idea of a tablet being able to run the same software as a laptop (in Apple's case, OSX), but with the convenience of a tablet (touchscreen, battery life, portability) is a pretty big desire of mine and (I believe) others. I think this is the direction that the full size iPad should go. The iPad mini has portability on its side, so I think the iPad as a mix of Macbook Air and current iPad would be a win-win for me!
    Thanked by:
    Jerry_ (10-09-2013)
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    5,568 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by richard_rsp View Post
    I would like the iPad 5 to be more of an "iPad Pro". While the Microsoft Surface Pro hasn't really caught on yet, it is gaining momentum (my office - in rural Georgia - started talking about picking them up for the police dept, etc in our region).

The idea of a tablet being able to run the same software as a laptop (in Apple's case, OSX), but with the convenience of a tablet (touchscreen, battery life, portability) is a pretty big desire of mine and (I believe) others. I think this is the direction that the full size iPad should go. The iPad mini has portability on its side, so I think the iPad as a mix of Macbook Air and current iPad would be a win-win for me!
    A mobile OS such as iOS or android is what makes a tablet a tablet. They were designed for multitouch, to run on ARM processors, etc. When you put a desktop OS on a tablet, it stops being a tablet. You need more power, the battery life suffers, not very multitouch friendly, and the need for a mouse and kb is increased.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts

Does anyone have any idea when the new crop of iPads will come out? I have to buy one for school, literally it is a requirement, but I would really like to wait for the new one. It has also been suggested to me to buy the iPad at Best Buy with the 80 dollar one year warranty now and then if the new one comes out I can break that iPad and return it for the new one. Now before anyone says anything I really don't think I could break any device on purpose but I am curious to know if this is true. I just don't have it in me to break such a beautiful piece of machinery.

Global Posts
    5,823 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by twint7787 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea when the new crop of iPads will come out? I have to buy one for school, literally it is a requirement, but I would really like to wait for the new one. It has also been suggested to me to buy the iPad at Best Buy with the 80 dollar one year warranty now and then if the new one comes out I can break that iPad and return it for the new one. Now before anyone says anything I really don't think I could break any device on purpose but I am curious to know if this is true. I just don't have it in me to break such a beautiful piece of machinery.
    Nobody knows for sure but if Apple holds with past patterns it should be this spring for a new iPad. But the iPad 4 last fall could've thrown a wrench in those spring releases.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast