I just bought a brand new iPad Air 2 32gb, and it is great; nice and vibrant. I am coming from using an iPad Mini 2 that had cover to lock/unlock which it is great; however I am not seeing that option on the iPad Air 2 I have, upon further research before posting here was that in order to enable this feature you would need to buy an official smart cover. Both the old iPad Mini 2 and the new iPad Air 2 have third party covers from iHome, wondering has anyone managed to get this enabled? I am not a fan of the official smart cover, hence why I bought other more protective covers; If not it is no big deal, I can manage without it. Looking for conformation from other owners, any answers are appreciated to this input.
    10-30-2016 04:25 PM
    I bought this nice leather cover off of Amazon:

KAVAJ iPad Air 2 leather case cover "Berlin" black or cognac - genuine leather with stand-up feature by KAVAJ KAVAJ iPad Air 2 leather case cover "Berlin" black or cognac - genuine leather with stand-up feature
    by KAVAJ
    Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LVUACA6...mUvbUpU2842664
    10-30-2016 07:11 PM
    I made a slight error, this case I bought was for the iPad Air 1; and have not noticed the slight differences with it. That was my mistake, I will probably purchase a different casing. For now just taking my time and looking around.
    11-01-2016 06:56 AM
    Are you talking about cover cases that just wake/sleep the screen when you open and close them? I guess pretty much any of the $20 magnetic cover cases on Amazon will do it. I bought the ESR one with the clear back
    11-03-2016 09:18 PM
    Are you talking about cover cases that just wake/sleep the screen when you open and close them? I guess pretty much any of the $20 magnetic cover cases on Amazon will do it. I bought the ESR one with the clear back
    Yes, that is correct. I am probably going to look again for a case at a store to see what I like; find it strange that the iPad mini was (as far as I know) not controlled by screen lock/unlock by magnetic manipulation. As mentioned I appreciate the feedback.
    11-04-2016 06:52 AM
    Yes, that is correct. I am probably going to look again for a case at a store to see what I like; find it strange that the iPad mini was (as far as I know) not controlled by screen lock/unlock by magnetic manipulation. As mentioned I appreciate the feedback.
    No problem. I switched to Amazon cases years ago, all of those in-store brands are grossly overpriced while simultaneously not being any better. It's just a matter of doing some homework to find out which ones are generally regarded as being good. As it stands right now there are actually a lot of different brands on Amazon now that are well reviewed and have a few years under their belt. The Poetic flip case on my last tablet is 3 years old from Amazon and not one single defect on it still today.
    11-04-2016 12:21 PM
    So just an update, I ended up buying this from local store; relatively same price as what amazon was selling. Win!

https://www.amazon.com/Maroo-iPad-Ai...mUvbUpU2846738
    11-05-2016 05:22 PM