Cover to lock/unlock w/o official smart cover.

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a brand new iPad Air 2 32gb, and it is great; nice and vibrant. I am coming from using an iPad Mini 2 that had cover to lock/unlock which it is great; however I am not seeing that option on the iPad Air 2 I have, upon further research before posting here was that in order to enable this feature you would need to buy an official smart cover. Both the old iPad Mini 2 and the new iPad Air 2 have third party covers from iHome, wondering has anyone managed to get this enabled? I am not a fan of the official smart cover, hence why I bought other more protective covers; If not it is no big deal, I can manage without it. Looking for conformation from other owners, any answers are appreciated to this input.

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I made a slight error, this case I bought was for the iPad Air 1; and have not noticed the slight differences with it. That was my mistake, I will probably purchase a different casing. For now just taking my time and looking around.

Friendzone

Banned
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Are you talking about cover cases that just wake/sleep the screen when you open and close them? I guess pretty much any of the $20 magnetic cover cases on Amazon will do it. I bought the ESR one with the clear back

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Are you talking about cover cases that just wake/sleep the screen when you open and close them? I guess pretty much any of the $20 magnetic cover cases on Amazon will do it. I bought the ESR one with the clear back

Yes, that is correct. I am probably going to look again for a case at a store to see what I like; find it strange that the iPad mini was (as far as I know) not controlled by screen lock/unlock by magnetic manipulation. As mentioned I appreciate the feedback.

Friendzone

Banned
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Yes, that is correct. I am probably going to look again for a case at a store to see what I like; find it strange that the iPad mini was (as far as I know) not controlled by screen lock/unlock by magnetic manipulation. As mentioned I appreciate the feedback.
No problem. I switched to Amazon cases years ago, all of those in-store brands are grossly overpriced while simultaneously not being any better. It's just a matter of doing some homework to find out which ones are generally regarded as being good. As it stands right now there are actually a lot of different brands on Amazon now that are well reviewed and have a few years under their belt. The Poetic flip case on my last tablet is 3 years old from Amazon and not one single defect on it still today.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice