My new iPad Air 2 is stuck on 'updating cloud settings'. Any idea why?

andrewm1965

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
My new ipad air 2 is stuck on 'updating cloud settings'. Any idea why?

I have an old ipad2, and i decided to upgrade to an ipad air2, as my ipad2 is a bit slow, and crashes every now and then. I backed up my ipad to the icloud (about 1gb of data), and have been trying to restore the backup onto my new ipad air. This is when i get stuck with the 'updating icould settings'.
I left the new ipad running over night, plugged in, but 8 hours later, the restore has still not finished. I started again, reset the ipad air, and i am still stuck with the updating message 10 hours later.

Any idea why this download is stuck, as my broadband is not the fastest, but upgrading to windows 10 on my pc only took a few hours, and that is only a 3gb download?

Beards

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: My new ipad air 2 is stuck on 'updating cloud settings'. Any idea why?

iCloud is notorious for wanting a fast wifi connection. A slow download can take an absolute age and in some cases will not complete unless you find a quicker connection.
Your best bet would have been to backup your old iPad to iTunes and select 'Encrypted' as this will backup every single byte. With this done I would then connect the replacement iPad and do a restore from again iTunes. Much quicker and safer.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner