iPad Air 2 or 3?

SPS828

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm considering switching from my Surface Pro 3 to an iPad Air 2 but with the rumors about the Air 3 I'm considering waiting and going for that. I'm not so impressed with the rumor of the 4K display and surround sound but having Apple Pencil support might be enough to convince me.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
iPad Air 3 all the way. It's coming out soon, 4K display would be dope and nice to have, all around speakers, extended battery life. Wait for it :p

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Definitely wait. The iPad Air 2 is incredible, but we'll see it as lacking in a few months. We'll say, How did we think this was so great?! :)

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Another way of looking at it - wait for the release of the Air 3 and get the more than capable Air 2 at a lower price.

I see the rumours of 4K and pencil support unrealistic. Those features on an iPad much cheaper than the Pro would negate much of the purpose of the larger device. The other sure bet of more power is also a bit unnecessary at this point. It's important for things to keep moving forward, but increased speed is a bit subjective unless you actually need more power. With the Air 2 being more than capable for anything and everything you can currently throw at it, at a lower price it would represent a very capable and reasonably priced tablet!

JT2050

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
One thing to consider is a the price difference. If price is not an issue, wait for the Air 3. Supposedly they'll be here sooner than later so you won't have to wait till the end of the year. The feature set that is rumored should be worth the extra cost over the option below.

If you're price sensitive, you might be able to get a great deal on a refurbished Air 2 after the Air 3 gets released.

Good luck!

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Since you already have a tablet, I would wait to see what the Air 3 specs are. Then you can get theAir 3 or an Air 2 cheaper

drummerjb

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty stoked about this! My recommendation would be to wait since you've already survived this far. Worst case, you see it, do your research and if you decide, I'm sure the Air 2 will still be available for purchase.

dstrauss

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
As a former Surface Pro 3, and current Surface Pro 4 owner (and closet iPad Air 2 user that is my wife's) I would never consider going from Surface Pro 3 to iPad Air 2. You will sorely miss the processing power and pen usage that iPad Pro 9.7 will supposedly improve that experience.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
depends on what you need i wish people would realize that. i have ipad air 2. i could barely afford it and for me it will remain my ipad probably untill the ipad pro 5 or ipad air 5 whatever you want to call it.. People when asking these things should really consider what do i need my ipad for ? what features do i need ? is the ipad air 3 worth it ? do i need a pencil ? do i need all the other fancy tech ? Would a ipad air 2 be fine ? maybe spend extra on ipad air 2 and get the higher gb usage ? ipads are pretty much future proof for a few years. its not like ipad air two will be old useless outdated tech. google it see articles talking about the enormous amount who use older ipads. just because its new and has few fancy features doesnt mean itll be wise choice for everyone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox