Considering selling my iPad?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I love my iPad but I have school again in March and I realized I need a device to write notes in and I decided I want a full laptop for this semester. I was considering a cheap laptop or a Macbook but I've suddenly remembered abiut the surface line and I'm Considering those. The thing is Idk if it's worth having a surface or surface pro and an iPad considering this is mostly a consumption device and I can easily replace it with my surface for convenience sake should I decide that as the device I want. I could sell this for around $500 perhaps and use it towards it. The question I have though is it worth keeping my iPad along with a surface which is also a tablet?

I have no issue actually keeping both as I already budgeted for a new laptop within the price range and those fit.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe, maybe not. What's the point of having two tablet devices with respect to "your" situation? You initially stated you "need a device to write notes". Can you not do that with the iPad with an app like Notability? Then you stated "I decided I want a full laptop for this semester". Well, the iPad and the Surface are not, in my opinion, "full laptop" devices so you need to decide what exactly you want to use for school and then go for it.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Maybe, maybe not. What's the point of having two tablet devices with respect to "your" situation? You initially stated you "need a device to write notes". Can you not do that with the iPad with an app like Notability? Then you stated "I decided I want a full laptop for this semester". Well, the iPad and the Surface are not, in my opinion, "full laptop" devices so you need to decide what exactly you want to use for school and then go for it.

Well the surface is in terms of if having a full windows OS and I can buy the keyboard cover. I'm just wondering is the iPad different enough from the surface pro 4 to justify keeping both?

I love my iPad Air 2 but just wondering does anybody else have something like the surface and an iPad

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well the surface is in terms of if having a full windows OS and I can buy the keyboard cover. I'm just wondering is the iPad different enough from the surface pro 4 to justify keeping both?

I love my iPad Air 2 but just wondering does anybody else have something like the surface and an iPad

Oh okay. I understand. I don't have either so I'll gracefully bow out...;)

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPad Mini that I rarely use.

Ah

Probably going to keep my iPad. I think it's worth having both considering the surface pro 4 is a 13 inch device and probably to big to be portable while reading on the train. Plus my niece loves using it so that alone makes it worth keeping I think.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ah

Probably going to keep my iPad. I think it's worth having both considering the surface pro 4 is a 13 inch device and probably to big to be portable while reading on the train. Plus my niece loves using it so that alone makes it worth keeping I think.

No doubt about it. If you can find steady use for both devices then yeah, they're both worth keeping in my opinion.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Have you considered fitting your iPad with a keyboard? I own a ZAGGKeys cover for my iPad Air and it works quite well. It is no substitute for a laptop for me but for note taking and word processing it is more than adequate.

I've been thinking about getting a Windows tablet for some time. I don't really need it as I'm a full Apple guy but the thought of adding a keyboard and mouse to get a full "desktop" experience is appealing to me and even something with a weak Atom processor will be more than powerful enough to run DOSBox and emulators so I'd have tons of games for it. The thing that holds me back is I don't really believe I would use it that much. I had a Note 3 and Nexus 7 and once I got my iPad Air, both went into the closet (well, not the Note 3 since it was my phone but basically it was ~just a phone~ for me).

I can see the appeal but I really just don't want two tablets.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Have you considered fitting your iPad with a keyboard? I own a ZAGGKeys cover for my iPad Air and it works quite well. It is no substitute for a laptop for me but for note taking and word processing it is more than adequate.

I've been thinking about getting a Windows tablet for some time. I don't really need it as I'm a full Apple guy but the thought of adding a keyboard and mouse to get a full "desktop" experience is appealing to me and even something with a weak Atom processor will be more than powerful enough to run DOSBox and emulators so I'd have tons of games for it. The thing that holds me back is I don't really believe I would use it that much. I had a Note 3 and Nexus 7 and once I got my iPad Air, both went into the closet (well, not the Note 3 since it was my phone but basically it was ~just a phone~ for me).

I can see the appeal but I really just don't want two tablets.

I have a Bluetooth keyboard which I bought to try it out this past semester and never liked it for some reason. Really the only reason why I am considering selling my iPad is because I don't want two tablets which the surface will be. Granted games won't be played on it and I could still use the iPad to read books and etc so that's something making me think I should keep it and get another device.

torbach1

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
I have been using a Surface Pro 3 as my primary laptop and tablet, exactly as MS intended it, and found that between that and my phablet phone, I really don't need an iPad. I just don't use it. Most of my consumption on larger devices is movies or surfing the web, and the Surface Pro is good on both of those with a screen that's comparable in resolution to the iPad.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't want the surface for the pen but it is a factor since it's included in the price

Having the pencil my self for the pro it is absolutely amazing and anyone I have shown says the same .. It literally is like writing on paper and has the Precision to write or draw anything. The surface may have the same idk but I would love it for note taking

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Having the pencil my self for the pro it is absolutely amazing and anyone I have shown says the same .. It literally is like writing on paper and has the Precision to write or draw anything. The surface may have the same idk but I would love it for note taking

I more of require a Desktop OS more then a pen.

Soapm

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I have an iPad Mini that I rarely use.

That's what I have with the logitech ultrathin keyboard which I find to be a great keyboard for typing. I use Evernotes which lets me attach screen shots of the board or visual aides as well as the sound files from the class. I also use Audio memo to record each class in case I miss something in my notes...

I don't know if it matters which device you have, as much as how you make full use of what you have. You can get the most capable device on the market, but it won't matter if you use few of the features and abilities.

Sounds like you want a Surface which is cool, get you one and make full use of it.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
That's what I have with the logitech ultrathin keyboard which I find to be a great keyboard for typing. I use Evernotes which lets me attach screen shots of the board or visual aides as well as the sound files from the class. I also use Audio memo to record each class in case I miss something in my notes...

I don't know if it matters which device you have, as much as how you make full use of what you have. You can get the most capable device on the market, but it won't matter if you use few of the features and abilities.

Sounds like you want a Surface which is cool, get you one and make full use of it.

I am pretty set on the surface but I have a few months to decide. My point of this thread though is wondering if it makes much sense to have a surface and an iPad because they are both tablets.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR