My mother's iPad is disabled even though she put in the right password, how can she access the iPad?

Blankford13

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
My mother's iPad is disabled even though she put in the right password!

My mother's iPad randomly disabled itself early this morning, and everytime she puts in her correct password, it says that it's wrong. First I tried restarting the device, which didn't help at all. Then I tried using Find my iPhone to wipe the device, but it said that the device wasn't connected to the internet. Lastly, I've tried hooking it up to her PC and using iTunes to try and wipe it, but it asked for her iPad password. She hasn't changed her password recently, just in case you'd ask. Please, does someone have another idea of how we can access her iPad?! Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions.

bobsgolf

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: My mother's iPad is disabled even though she put in the right password!

Why don't you use ask your mum to use the forgot password option as your starting point

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

She may have forgotten one character, or have two mixed up. It happens. I do it occasionally. She will need to reset the password. This time make sure she writes it down and put away for safe keeping.

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

WIpe it and start over and use the finger print reader this time? Can't lose your thumb as easily as misplace a password... hehe