Still a good option?

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I currently have a mini 2. I've been very happy, but it's primary use for me is university text books and I've found sometimes I wished I had the bigger screen of the air.

It's probably a difficult question to answer, but is now still a good time to take an cellular air 2 on a 2yr plan? I want cellular and I get excellent deals in terms of service with my network provider, so I'm decided on not buying sim free/outright.

Is the performance of the air 2 likely to be competitive for the next two years? Are we *likely* to see an air 3 in October for example? I am a little reluctant to get locked into a two year plan to find that soon there's a new model and the prices of the air 2 fall substantially...!

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I got an excellent deal on it in the end. I actually think they made a mistake...!! 64gb, ?0 upfront and only ?22 a month for unlimited data..

learning2

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
My advice: Purchase what you need now and don't worry about what may/may not happen in the future.

But the future is intriguing, and already on display in other form factors -- force touch and stylus coming to the Air-sized device would be a dream for me, but I really want to update my ipad3 now. I want the faster processor, lighter device, fingerprint home button, etc.

Decisions, decisions....

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Do it! My Air 2 came today and it is night and day smoother than the mini 2 it replaced. With iOS 9 set to run faster and more efficiently, the Air 2 hardware will be good enough for the next few years at least. Of course, it is missing the force touch and stylus you desire, but the speed increase over your iPad 3 will be worth it.

My carrier made an even bigger mistake... They sent me the 128gb instead of the 64gb. I went to a store to confirm the prices they quoted before were correct and they said they were. Big mistake on their part! By the time I've finished paying over 2 years, the total cost for iPad & monthly rentals will be much lower than the cost of the iPad alone!!

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
But the future is intriguing, and already on display in other form factors -- force touch and stylus coming to the Air-sized device would be a dream for me, but I really want to update my ipad3 now. I want the faster processor, lighter device, fingerprint home button, etc.

Decisions, decisions....

I couldn't stand using my iPad 3 any longer so I bought an Air 2 back in January or February. Can't remember. Definitely worth it. So much thinner and lighter too.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Do it! My Air 2 came today and it is night and day smoother than the mini 2 it replaced. With iOS 9 set to run faster and more efficiently, the Air 2 hardware will be good enough for the next few years at least. Of course, it is missing the force touch and stylus you desire, but the speed increase over your iPad 3 will be worth it.

My carrier made an even bigger mistake... They sent me the 128gb instead of the 64gb. I went to a store to confirm the prices they quoted before were correct and they said they were. Big mistake on their part! By the time I've finished paying over 2 years, the total cost for iPad & monthly rentals will be much lower than the cost of the iPad alone!!

+1

Ive been running ios 9 since they let the public to do it and it's a breeze. There's bugs and all but so far my ios 9 experience on my iPad has been really good. The multi tasking is amazing and I use it a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner