I just got my first Apple product.

66cinelli

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Today I bought a iPad Air2 (actually a birthday gift from my wife). I am a longtime Android fan and this is my first Apple product. The reason I bought it is so that I can help my wife with her iPad Air. I have it set up almost they way I want it and still have a little bit to go on the leaning curve. I will be going through the forum to learn and will be looking for a Bluetooth case/keyboard as they look like something I will use. Anyway hello to everyone here.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Today I bought a iPad Air2 (actually a birthday gift from my wife). I am a longtime Android fan and this is my first Apple product. The reason I bought it is so that I can help my wife with her iPad Air. I have it set up almost they way I want it and still have a little bit to go on the leaning curve. I will be going through the forum to learn and will be looking for a Bluetooth case/keyboard as they look like something I will use. Anyway hello to everyone here.

Look into Zagg for the physical keyboard. I think I'm going to try learning to use the onscreen keyboard for traditional typing. I've heard many people say they are faster with the onscreen v. a physical keyboard. And iOS 8 introduced 3rd party keyboards, I think I'll have to try SwiftKey on the iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded SwiftKey and will be trying it out.

Sent from the Telegraph Office

Fair warning though, it's still a little buggy on iOS, but they are working on getting them ironed out. If there are any issues you're experiencing or are deal breakers, feel free to send me a pm and I can pass it along to them.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Make yourself at home and enjoy the site! As stated, all 3rd party keyboards are still a bit buggy. But they continue to improve. It's been much better since iOS 8.4. I use SwiftKey as my default keyboard on my iPhone. It's really smart. Any questions, just ask.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Make yourself at home and enjoy the site! As stated, all 3rd party keyboards are still a bit buggy. But they continue to improve. It's been much better since iOS 8.4. I use SwiftKey as my default keyboard on my iPhone. It's really smart. Any questions, just ask.

Aaaaah, my favorite Swiftkey expert! Question for you: Can you Swipe on Swiftkey?
A friend of mine has A.L.S and she can barely move at this point, but she's able to Swipe when texting on her Samsung phone.
I tried it once and gave up almost instantly.
Does it take long to learn?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Aaaaah, my favorite Swiftkey expert! Question for you: Can you Swipe on Swiftkey?
A friend of mine has A.L.S and she can barely move at this point, but she's able to Swipe when texting on her Samsung phone.
I tried it once and gave up almost instantly.
Does it take long to learn?

Yes. But I have it disabled. I don't care for swiping. Those that use it say it works great. Some say not as good as Swype.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Congrats. The iPad Air 2 is a great device. Picked one up several weeks ago when Best Buy had them on sale. Combine that with a BlueTooth keyboard and it's an excellent replacement for my laptop for note taking in class and light paper writing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes. But I have it disabled. I don't care for swiping. Those that use it say it works great. Some say not as good as Swype.

Wait... There is Swipe and Swype?!?!?! Aaaarrrggghh!!! Which is the one where you slide your finger from letter to letter and only lift between words?
I *think* that's how it works...

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Wait... There is Swipe and Swype?!?!?! Aaaarrrggghh!!! Which is the one where you slide your finger from letter to letter and only lift between words?
I *think* that's how it works...

Yes, Swype is the most popular one that is a standalone keyboard. SwiftKey has Flow which is the same thing but for SwiftKey. And then there's Nintype but it sounds slightly more complicated from the app description, it sounds like you don't even have to lift your fingers and you can swipe keys with both fingers.

James Yarbrough

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I got my fist iPhone, the 6plus and i also got a iPad mimi 3. I am in love with them and love how iOS 8 syncs them with my iMac and macbook pro. I feel like the future is now.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox