Can't stay away from the iPad

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have been desperately trying to decide between Android and iOS. But I have struggled. Last year I had the iPhone 6 Plus and the iPad Air. Then I went to a Nexus 6 and a Chromebook. Now I have the iPhone 6 and the iPad Air 2. It's the iPad that keeps bringing me back to iOS. My company supplies me with a new iPad every year. And once I get it, I realize just how much I miss using it. For everything. So as soon as I got it this year, I gave up my Nexus 6 and Chromebook and got the iPhone 6 to complement my new device. It happens to me every time with the iPad.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It sounds like a girlfriend you keep coming back to. Just go ahead and make her your wife. :)

Isn't that the truth. But I think that I'm going to have to stick with her this time. I have yet to find anything whether it be a smartphone, tablet, or laptop that matches my affection for my iPad.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I did like my Note Pro 12.2 but honestly even with all the cool bells and whistles it still didn't come close to the ease and user friendliness of the iPad.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I did like my Note Pro 12.2 but honestly even with all the cool bells and whistles it still didn't come close to the ease and user friendliness of the iPad.

It's kind of difficult for me to explain really. But the iPad is just one of those devices that really resonates with me. It always did. I could easily transition to Android and stay there if I just used a smartphone. But once you through tablets in the mix, I'm all iPad.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh yes. When I used my Note Pro for work I routinely lost files it was pretty stressful lol. The lag made it glitchy to work with. Settings would revert or change for no apparent reason. And nothing was connected. Now everything is right where it should be, it all works fast and smoothly and my settings stay put, I can do work on all my devices.

bable01

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Do any of you need decent networking powers with your tablet? My works tech manager recently bought us all iPads and we're pretty sure he's about to get fired over that choice. We depend on ftp's and torrents which the iPad simply can't handle. We went from ecstatic to wtf in about two hours, these things draw the line in between tablets(iPad) and tablet computers(notes/surface).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do any of you need decent networking powers with your tablet? My works tech manager recently bought us all iPads and we're pretty sure he's about to get fired over that choice. We depend on ftp's and torrents which the iPad simply can't handle. We went from ecstatic to wtf in about two hours, these things draw the line in between tablets(iPad) and tablet computers(notes/surface).

He iPad isn't for everyone or every organization, but for to those it is for, it's great. Now in regard to your question, define 'decent networking powers'. Why can't the iPad handle FTPs and torrents?

bable01

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
He iPad isn't for everyone or every organization, but for to those it is for, it's great. Now in regard to your question, define 'decent networking powers'. Why can't the iPad handle FTPs and torrents?

It's moot, our tech manager was fired on Friday for buying us toys instead of tools. Glad to see a forum of people enjoying these things though.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It's moot, our tech manager was fired on Friday for buying us toys instead of tools. Glad to see a forum of people enjoying these things though.

I still don't understand why people call iOS devices toys. This is definitely not a toy to me. I can use it that way, but it does so much more than that for me. But I guess to each their own.

bable01

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Because every other os is pretty universal, whereas iPads do a few tricks within their garden. You can do nearly everything you do on a desktop in android, Windows mobile, and even blackberry. Do you use your iPad for anything beyond consumption and basic document editing? We tried really hard to make things work since we loved out tech manager, as the owners son he got the kind of budget where he could buy 150 iPads for us ;)

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't know, I went to look at a job with my husband (plumbing), took pics, drew diagrams, wrote a full estimate. Put that in an email, added a screen cap of the time keeper app for the day and sent it all to the client.
Then I corrected several papers from students in Pages and sent those back and forth.
I do searches, take my iPad in the field when doing environmental studies and do everything I need to do from there:
Take photos, videos, edit them, share them, add them to files, and what not.
Incidentally I also go online for fun (here) or shop, watch movies etc.
Keep in touch with loved ones via iMessage and FaceTime.
And I also use iTunes-U to take online courses when I'm not teaching.

All this... From being a pull your hair out, face palm, head desk techtard.

So I don't know... My iPad is definitely a tool... But it's as fun to use as any toy. :yes:

lgdlman

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Droid S5 and the ios and ipad has me ready to pull the trigger. I have an HP Slate and nothing is consistent across my devices. Exchange Email, photos - not the same experince. Not to mention a month ago got the MMS hack everyone is just now talking about, my phone got changed to Chinese and launched bunch of Chinese text messgs to friends.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Droid S5 and the ios and ipad has me ready to pull the trigger. I have an HP Slate and nothing is consistent across my devices. Exchange Email, photos - not the same experince. Not to mention a month ago got the MMS hack everyone is just now talking about, my phone got changed to Chinese and launched bunch of Chinese text messgs to friends.

Oh wow. That sucks. Sorry to hear that. And I understand your point about having an inconsistent experience across Android devices. That does make things more difficult to manage.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Being a long time Blackberry and Android user and now all iOS I can honestly say that Apple products work better then any other product I have used in the past. The updates are faster and everyone get them not a chosen few.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

Do it do it do it DO EEEEEEET!!!
I did Android and Blackberry. I switched my entire system to Apple and I'm still giddy over it. It's incredibly cool.

rayzaname

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Being a long time Blackberry and Android user and now all iOS I can honestly say that Apple products work better then any other product I have used in the past.

Same here. After having an iMac and iPad for a while now, I just pulled the trigger on an iPhone 6+ and Apple Watch. The product integration is unmatched.

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Love my apple gear. I too have stuck with the iPad over the years. Currently have a iPad air 2. Have Mac book pro retina and iPhone 6+. I also have android phone which are usually my daily drivers. I like my 6+ but usually get bored with it after a few days. I will probably keep both platforms in mobile devices.

My son is finally of age to get a phone and I offered him a choice of 4 unlocked android phones and my 6+. He wants a 5s...damn apple gets their hooks in them early!

Posted via my Nexus 6!

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I just realized that there is no weTher app for the iPad. I have no idea how I never noticed that before.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234