Finally broke down and got my first iPad.

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I did it. Went all out too. Got an Air 2 128gb with LTE. I've owned iPhones (6+ (128gb) for a while but never an iPad. First app I bought for it was Notes Plus to go with the Adonit Jot Pro Stylus I picked up. This combo is incredible, it's just like writing on a piece of paper. I'm loving this purchase.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Congratulations on the new iPad. You are going to love that thing for a long time. I am completely enamored with mine. I haven't used the notes app that you are talking about, but it sounds useful. The only thing is that I prefer typing my notes instead of writing. So I stick with the stock notes app.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on the new iPad. You are going to love that thing for a long time. I am completely enamored with mine. I haven't used the notes app that you are talking about, but it sounds useful. The only thing is that I prefer typing my notes instead of writing. So I stick with the stock notes app.

Yeah so far I am loving it. I do like typing as well except for when I'm in a study group or meeting. The sweet thing about that app is you can write or type your notes and record the meeting at the same time and it will attach the recording to your meeting notes. It will also convert your handwriting to text.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
So what's the difference for you between writing your notes and typing them? Me personally, I type a lot faster than I can write.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
So what's the difference for you between writing your notes and typing them? Me personally, I type a lot faster than I can write.

Sometimes my notes include sketches and diagrams. Instead of switching between type and pen, I just hand write my notes and draw as needed, it's faster.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
That makes sense. What do you do?

I help my husband run his construction business, I do various environmental studies for a university and I teach kinesiology, sports nutrition and yoga.
So with all the stuff I need to lug around just for work, it makes sense to me to stick to iPad and iPhone, the last thing I need is a laptop added to my gear.

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

Some times I'm just scribbling stuff on paper all over the place so I don't have to worry about hitting the return key to separate stuff I can just write wherever. This way I still have my notes, they are organized and I'm not using a bunch of paper or ink. I just prefer to write to be honest some time.

Another nice thing is that I can import PDFs and then fill them in with my pen or mock them up if need be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73