screen protector for lifeproof nuud.

Jayson Beekman

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I just ordered a lifeproof nuud case for my Air 2. I am a little worried about there being no screen protection on the nuud case.
I just wondering what type of screen protector other people have used? everything that I have found covers the entire front of the ipad. I don't want to do this as it seem it will interfere with the gaskets in the case.
So I am looking for one that only cover the actual screen.
If I cant find one like that I am thinking of buying one and just cutting in to the dimensions that i need.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you really need a screen protector on your iPad Air 2? Do you think you're going to be careless and shatter it somehow? Will you be using one of the iPad covers or will the aforementioned NUUD case notebook style?

Jayson Beekman

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I am just worried about when I put the iPad into a bag. I don't want it get scratched it it rubs up against something. I'm not sure what you mean by you last question. The Lifeproof Nuud case is a water proof/shock proof/dust proof case, but it dose not cover the screen it is left bare. The part of the front that is covered by the case forms a water tight seal.
As I said, the screen is left bare with no protection. I'm not worried about it shattering, just normal scratched from transport and use.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am just worried about when I put the iPad into a bag. I don't want it get scratched it it rubs up against something. I'm not sure what you mean by you last question. The Lifeproof Nuud case is a water proof/shock proof/dust proof case, but it dose not cover the screen it is left bare. The part of the front that is covered by the case forms a water tight seal.
As I said, the screen is left bare with no protection. I'm not worried about it shattering, just normal scratched from transport and use.

I understand your fears, but don't underestimate the toughness of the screen. I've had 2 iPads, iPad 2 and the iPad Mini, and neither were ever in a case or had a screen protector, and yet, neither got damaged in any way. They been dropped, thrown, sat on, carried in book bags with various items, and they were damage-free. Again, I'm not trying to persuade you from getting a screen protector. It's your device so do what you think is necessary to protect your investment. I'm just saying that the iPad's screen is tougher than you might think.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I understand your fears, but don't underestimate the toughness of the screen. I've had 2 iPads, iPad 2 and the iPad Mini, and neither were ever in a case or had a screen protector, and yet, neither got damaged in any way. They been dropped, thrown, sat on, carried in book bags with various items, and they were damage-free. Again, I'm not trying to persuade you from getting a screen protector. It's your device so do what you think is necessary to protect your investment. I'm just saying that the iPad's screen is tougher than you might think.

I don't know why, but I thought of Fred Sanford when I read this.

"It looks like you teased it, squeezed it, freezed it and diseased it."

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I think the Nuud cases come with a cut down screen shield that you can apply to the device after the case is on. At least the 5 and 6 Nuud cases did. If not you can get any film protector and cut it to fit inside the dimensions of the case. The gaskets will still be directly on the glass you you will have a bit of extra piece of mind about scratching.

Damo71G

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Do you really need a screen protector on your iPad Air 2? Do you think you're going to be careless and shatter it somehow? Will you be using one of the iPad covers or will the aforementioned NUUD case notebook style?

I don't mean to be rude, but there's something really irritating about answering a question with a "why do you need to do that". Just answer the question if you know the answer. And don't if you don't.
The guy wants to know which screen protector to get. If you don't want to protect your screen that's up to you. But this guy does, and he want to know which one is recommended.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't mean to be rude, but there's something really irritating about answering a question with a "why do you need to do that". Just answer the question if you know the answer. And don't if you don't.
The guy wants to know which screen protector to get. If you don't want to protect your screen that's up to you. But this guy does, and he want to know which one is recommended.

I did not ask "why do you need to do that?" So there is no reason for you to get irritated. I asked, "Do you really need a screen protector on your iPad Air 2? Do you think you're going to be careless and shatter it somehow? Will you be using it with one of the iPad covers or with the aforementioned NUUD case notebook style?" Also, did you read my other replies, specifically the one where I told the OP that I was not trying to dissuade him from getting a screen protector and that I understood his fears? I'm not trying to be rude, by the way.

Last edited:

100ManonBlake

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
So I was searching for the same thing, because kids always find a way.... But I stumbled upon this. A company called Teqii makes a tempered glass screen protector for use with the Lifeproof n?ud case. I haven't received mine yet, so I can't tell you how well it works. But I hope this helps.

Nenaeh

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Just curious how well the Teqii screen protector is holding up. I have a five-year-old and I worry about accidental drops and scratches but don't want to compromise on the waterproof ability of the nuud case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro