How can i reset my iPad Air 2?

chris jakes

May 5, 2015
Visit site
can't reset my ipad air 2

When i try to reset my ipad air 2 the ipad restarts and the apple symbol appears followed by a loading bar the stay blank (has been blank for the past 10 hours.) I tried to plug it into my computer but it is unresponsive, please help.

Kris Simundson

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: can't reset my ipad air 2

Have you tried to hold the home button and power button to start into recovery mode?

if that doesn't work, then your SoL. This is what happens when you use unofficial software. If it breaks in any way, your usually effed with your manufacturer.

moyah8

May 5, 2015
Visit site

Have you tried to hold the home button and power button to start into recovery mode?

if that doesn't work, then your SoL. This is what happens when you use unofficial software. If it breaks in any way, your usually effed with your manufacturer.

I have had similar happen to devices I support at my job. These were not jailbrroken.. I guess they may had just been corrupted installs, as they tend to happen after a upgrade.

In the end, I had to send them to Apple for a replacement, as nothing I did could resolve it.

Kris Simundson

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

I have had similar happen to devices I support at my job. These were not jailbrroken.. I guess they may had just been corrupted installs, as they tend to happen after a upgrade.

In the end, I had to send them to Apple for a replacement, as nothing I did could resolve it.

Yes but this user has specifically mentioned his is jail broken.

I've had my fair share of software hangs across all platforms and if your phone is legit most manufacturers will replace it if they can't fix it.

aussie4life

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Question. Did you try and use the inbuilt "erase all settings and data" on your jailbroken ipad? If so ive just had the samething happen to me. What i did was use a website called ipsw[dot]me. Selected my iPad model and downloaded the latest ipsw. Then, once downloaded, i restored using the Shift + click restore. to do this, you need to put the ipad into DFU mode.
To enter DFU mode, with your ipad plugged in to your computer and your ipad turned on, press and hold both the power and home buttons for 10 seconds, then release the power button and hold the home button for up to 30 seconds. With iTunes open, it will recognise that your ipad is in recovery mode and give you the option to restore it to factory.

I hope this helps you a little

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal