Why isn't an App I purchased showing up in Purchased?

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
App I Bought Won't Show Up in "Purchased"

I have been back and forth by email with an iTunes support representative for over a week to no avail and am getting completely frustrated. Bad enough it takes over 24 hours to exchange one round of conversation, but she is also just sending scripted responses without really seeing what my issue is. Here's the details:

I have an app that I purchased back in 2011. For some reason, at that time they had an iPhone-only app and a universal app both on the app store. I mistakenly bought the iPhone-only app then realized they had the universal. I bought the right app then wrote iTunes support to refund the former one. This is where the problem begins. They mistakenly refunded the universal app rather than the iPhone-only one. I've been using the universal one for all these years, but recently I had to restore my iPad from a backup.

As the apps downloaded, I got a message that not all apps could be restored. This particular app was the culprit. I went to the App Store to find it showing $9.99 rather than the download symbol. Begrudgingly I clicked it but discovered that it did not charge me. So it installed but it does not show up in my Purchased apps tab.

The worst part of this is that I had in-app data that I lost since it could not be restored. I have tried a hundred ways to explain to the support person what I'm seeing, but all she keeps saying is she has refunded me and I can now re-purchase. But every time I delete it and re-download it, it does the same thing. It shows the $9.99 button, I download without being charged again, and it continues to not show up in Purchased.

I really need this app to show up there so that if I have to restore from backup again, I won't lose my in-app data. Any ideas?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: App I Bought Won't Show Up in "Purchased"

Have you attempted to contact the developer?

I remember a similar issue I had with an Android phone. I contacted the developer and they worked some magic.

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

Oh I started there. Got the usual "we can't control that, you'll have to contact Apple".

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

Perfect. I sent her screenshots to show her. Her reply was "it's weird that it is not charging you". How helpful.

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

I appear to be at an impasse with support. Here is a portion of the last email I got.

well I’m at a loss since they are both refund they won’t show up on your purchase list. As to why you are still able download the App for free, I have no idea

Seriously? I guess that's it then. It's a flaw in the App Store and nothing can be done about it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

If you have it backed up to iTunes, you should still get it I would think, regardless if it's in the purchased list. If you restored as new, then it would need to be there. I may be wrong, but that's my understanding.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2