Refurbished iPad Air 2 128gb cellular ?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
My iPad is having issues staying connected to wifi so I'm thinking of going to the Apple Store to get it replaced. First off will they have the gold model in 128gb cellular to replace mine with ? And 2nd would these have the new flash memory being used with MLC or still TLC?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
First off will they have the gold model in 128gb cellular to replace mine with ?
You'd have to check with the store you're planning to visit...
And 2nd would these have the new flash memory being used with MLC or still TLC?
Is there an easy way to check? Edit to add... there's an app for that... Phone Doctor... Checkup... Storage... If the write speed is around 100MB/s you have MLC Flash if its near the 200MB/s mark you have TLC...

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Is there an easy way to check?

Would Apple just give me a brand new one if they don't have a refurbished one ? The refurbished ones were one Apple has use or were ones that failed QC and remade ?

As far as I read I think you can test it by uploading a big file and testing how long it uploads ? I got this one in November so I'm assuming this uses the TLC memory . This also crashes quite a bit and even more then I don't even see. Woke up a few times and it asked me to put in passcode and stuff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WordPainter

May 17, 2014
Visit site
The refurbished ones were one Apple has use or were ones that failed QC and remade ?

Not necessarily. Any iPad that was returned would be refurbished, even if it was returned simply because the person didn't like it or got it for a gift but already had one. Devices used as display units are also refurbished. I've bought refurbished devices in the past and never had a problem with them.

WordPainter

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Is there an easy way to check? Edit to add... there's an app for that... Phone Doctor... Checkup... Storage... If the write speed is around 100MB/s you have MLC Flash if its near the 200MB/s mark you have TLC...

I just tried this on my iPad Air 2 128GB LTE. It said write speed is 271MB/sec. :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner