To Buy iPad Air 2 or Not to Buy?...

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Just upgraded to the Air 2, which I primarily use for work (email, basic PDF editing, calendar, note taking in Evernote, document scanning and web browsing).

The speed is by far the most notable difference over the original Air. It's a clich? to say it just feels snappier but it's true.

I'm on T-Mobile with it, and as part of their Jump Program, it was a no brainer to upgrade.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Just upgraded to the Air 2, which I primarily use for work (email, basic PDF editing, calendar, note taking in Evernote, document scanning and web browsing).

The speed is by far the most notable difference over the original Air. It's a clich? to say it just feels snappier but it's true.

I'm on T-Mobile with it, and as part of their Jump Program, it was a no brainer to upgrade.

Like you said, it does seem cliche, but it is true. I was playing NBA 2K15 on my iPad Air 2 and then played it on my friend's iPad Mini 2, and the difference in performance was very noticeable. The Air 2 is faster in many tasks compared to the previous iPads .

FercKast

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site

I dunno about performance from A7 to A8x, but the difference coming from my Mini 1 is like night and day with some of the apps I use. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

I agree. I went from an iPad Air to iPad Air 2 though I had a few Samsung tablets between and I found the iPad Air 2 three core cpu ( why not just go to quad core ?) and 2gb of Ram just felt snappier then last time I used an iPad at the time. Sold the air March 2014 and got the iPad Air 2 in October.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to see some more/better multitasking, considering how much power this thing has.

Not to start the "Android already does that" but I'd like to be able to use two apps side by side (for example), adjust the window size as needed, etc. Heck, surprise me, maybe there's a better way to multitask that hasn't been introduced yet - either way that's one feature I'd find very useful.

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I have 6 plus. Still wondering should i get air 2. I like to surf, video and game like dungeon hunter 4.

Lol. Had ipad 3 but wasnt mine. Rarely use it.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
The Air 2 is a very nice device, I love it so far. One problem. I cannot set up Outlook Mail, it keeps telling me it cannot verify the account.
The Outlook account I use as my Apple ID, so I am puzzled. Thanks

therealmatt84

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I also have the 6 plus. I love my ipad air 2. I think it just depends on your situation. I used my older ipad 3 on and off mainly because of the weight and it started to "slow" down.

Once I get home I usually don't touch my phone when I'm relaxing on the couch or before bed. I also use my ipad a lot for work writing notes at meetings.

If all you are doing is playing games and surfing the web, you might not need it. But if you do get it then surfing the web and playing games will be so much better on the ipad.

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
iPad Air 2 has a lot of improvements than the previous iPad air. iPad air 2 has thinner and ligther than iPad air 1. it is also for the people who loves to play games in their iPad. iPad air 2 is perfect match for you. iPad air 2 has 2GB ram.

skittlepop

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
The iPad Air 2 has just been one of those purchases. I had no idea how much I wanted/needed it until I bought it. I used to use my 3 all the time, with frustration....all the time (lagging, reboots, etc). Now I use my favorite form factor (tablet) frustration free...all the time :)

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up the iPad Air 2 today. I had been going back and forth for a while but now that I have it I must say it is impressive. I have a iPad 2 and two iPad minis as well and this thing flies.

So far I'm extremely happy with the purchase.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
i dunno if this is right place put this or not. Im going sell my ipad i won this 100 dollars off any ipad with verizon so gonna add one to my account. They have the mini 3 which spec wise is identical to my air from what i see. But wondering if going from the air to mini 3 would be mistake because of size wise ?

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Correct. The mini 3 and the original iPad Air have the same basic internals. The mini 3 does add TouchId. I personally like the larger size iPads but that just me. My kids have minis to I am familiar with the size and still prefer the bigger one.

Think ill just forget the coupon. its ashame would like got the ipad air 2. But I didnt notice catch that places like bestbuy etc the 16gb ipad air 2 is only 499.99$ and use coupon i have go to verizon and pay 629.99$ I wonder if i could just take the digital coupon and sell it online and just go into bestbuy. :-/

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Part of the reason for that price difference is that carrier store only sell the wifi+cellular versions. The $499 one at best buy is probably wifi only. $629 is the standard price for the wifi+cellular model.

It says sale save 130$ and says wifi plus cellular and it's only on the silver model only.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
New to me that apple.com is accepting paypal monthly payments. ive been member with paypal credit since it used be bill me later. 25$ a month vs the 33$ dollars month with verizon seems like better deal all in all guess ill be getting ipad air 2.

Well instead of posting another update just wanted mention got gold 64gb from apple.com very upset for one reason. Soon as opening it i noticed scratch on bezel chatted online with support. They ended up calling me and guy i spoke to was her " advisor" he then told me he had transfer me to the apple store customer service. I then get told that are you sure its not piece of lint ? My first reaction was how stupid do you think i am ? So i kindly just say " piece of lint would wipe away with finger or cleaning cloth of some sort" Then he says " so you noticed it right away how do we know you just didnt drop it well opening it ??" after being very nice to this rude as heck phone employee he then says ok we will create exchange for you threw mail seening as how local apple store didnt have that particular one in stock. I then just bring up fact its not that huge of scratch, Im going into hospital soon for planned surgery on my leg and i would like get this settled now is it possible i could just send you photo of the scratch and then someone in charge in your division could see about maybe a credit or something ? Only reason bringing that up was because having plan for my trip to another state soon and being in recovery stage after really didnt wanna wait till last minute or have deal with this when i got home and recovering. " Oh well i processed this label so your stuck with this method or take it to apple store theres nothing other you can do your choice you pick" By then just had enough and hung up the phone. My father brought up to me that since i used paypal credit monthly payment option see if i can just return this as refund and just order new one. So thats what im doing now. I over nighted it so i could get this settled now. What really aggravates heck out of me is apple is this multi billion dollar company. AS RUDE OF A AHOLE this Phil guy was to me on phone. Im not asking for much but least they could have done to make it better so i dont feel so violated by this rude man who thinks im as dumb as a rock could have gave me free over night shipping. This incident i had will really effect me getting apple products in future because they didnt do squat to apologize they wouldnt even file complaint when i asked if i could against this guy.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices