Gmail, Google Docs, etc on Ipad???

kelton

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I am very absorbed into the world of Google. Even though my retina macbook is my main computer, I do nothing with Apple's iTunes or cloud.
Thankfully, Google's services....and Microsoft's OneDrive...work perfectly with no loss of function on the Apple computer.

Couldn't think of a good subject line.... so here is the question:

So, I'm thinking of an Android tablet (Tab S 10.5) and the iPad Air 2.

Do the iPad's lose any functionality with regard to Google's cloud services (Google Docs, Google Music, Mail, etc.)? ...or they equal to the android tablets with regard to Google's "stuff"?

I do like the choices of bluetooth keyboards for the iPads. There are so many physical variations of androids that they keyboard makers seems to have almost thrown in the towel.

Thanks

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Check the app reviews and Google's user community forums for opinions that might sway you one way or another...

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
One advantage of the iPad is that it is very easy to find third party accessories that will exactly fit your device. There are a lot of good Android tablets out there but it can be harder to find accessories for any individual tablet.

Google services work perfectly on iOS. I use an Android phone and a chromebook so I need all my devices to communicate properly.. My iPad is an excellent bridge between my desktop Mac and my chromebook.

rogerfromco

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I use gmail and Google docs on my iPad Air 2 and they work flawlessly for me.

Sent from my iPad (so I blame autocorrect for the spellin' errs)

James Gates

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't understand the reponses so far. They do NOT work flawlessly on the ipad. While you certainly can fetch gmail, you cannot, for example, access any group address you might have in gmail. That's the biggest reason why I can't give up the laptop in favor of the ipad.

As for google docs, it. SUCKS. on the ipad. There is NO making excuses for it. It's AWFUL! As I tell people, if Google docs on a computer is the Mona Lisa, the Google docs on the ipad is a paint-by-number Pokemon picture. Can't make hyperlinks on a work, can't insert images, can't ... do MOST simple functions that can be done on a laptop.

If your decision to purchase an ipad is based on the abilty to work in Google docs, then do NOT buy the ipad. PERIOD! Yes, you can open and edit a file, but with a VERY TINY fraction of the capabilities available on a laptop.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand the reponses so far. They do NOT work flawlessly on the ipad. While you certainly can fetch gmail, you cannot, for example, access any group address you might have in gmail. That's the biggest reason why I can't give up the laptop in favor of the ipad.

As for google docs, it. SUCKS. on the ipad. There is NO making excuses for it. It's AWFUL! As I tell people, if Google docs on a computer is the Mona Lisa, the Google docs on the ipad is a paint-by-number Pokemon picture. Can't make hyperlinks on a work, can't insert images, can't ... do MOST simple functions that can be done on a laptop.

If your decision to purchase an ipad is based on the abilty to work in Google docs, then do NOT buy the ipad. PERIOD! Yes, you can open and edit a file, but with a VERY TINY fraction of the capabilities available on a laptop.

But I think that he OP is considering the iPad or an Android tablet. So comparing Google Docs on both Android and iOS does the Google Docs suite lose any functionality?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
One advantage of the iPad is that it is very easy to find third party accessories that will exactly fit your device. There are a lot of good Android tablets out there but it can be harder to find accessories for any individual tablet.

Google services work perfectly on iOS. I use an Android phone and a chromebook so I need all my devices to communicate properly.. My iPad is an excellent bridge between my desktop Mac and my chromebook.

Samsung top of the line tablets accessories shouldn't be that hard to find imo.

I myself prefer android devices for the past few years for phones but I've preferred iPad for tablets. My first tablet was a nexus 7 and found it way to small , then went to the iPad Air but few months went to the Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition because I found 4:3 to be not good for viewing content on Netflix or etc . Went to a tab s 10.5 because I hated the lcd panel on the note 10.1. Went back to the iPad Air 2 because I found the tablet apps and battery life to be lacking on android tablets. I would get about 4 hours of screen time on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 where i get between 6 hours of heavy usage and up to 13 hours of mixed usage.

I use a lot of third party apps on my iPad and the great thing about Google is that it's a service company more the. Hardware so they are open at giving other competitors apps to use on their devices. The only Apple made apps I use is safari , and the email client.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
But I think that he OP is considering the iPad or an Android tablet. So comparing Google Docs on both Android and iOS does the Google Docs suite lose any functionality?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

I don't think so but I don't use google docs. If I need a word processor I'll use Microsoft word .

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

And your rant is relevant because ? He was talking about between android and iPads not iPads and laptops

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner