Will Apple ever consider selling an i-Device with 256 GB of storage?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Would they ever consider going to a 256gb iPad ? I would buy it in a heartbeat since I only have 10gb left on my 128gb iPad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Possibility of increasing storage beyond 128gb ever ?

With the ever more complexity of operating systems and apps development I can see larger storage offerings in our tech futures

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: WillApple ever consider selling an i-Device with 256 GB of storage?

If there's an overwhelming demand for it then yes.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

If there's an overwhelming demand for it then yes.
I would buy it and considering the 128gb I'd now $100 cheaper they can make the 256gb Ipad the price of the old 128gb price and it will sell.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I would buy it and considering the 128gb I'd now $100 cheaper they can make the 256gb Ipad the price of the old 128gb price and it will sell.

I'm sure people would buy it, but the question is, how many in comparison to those who would buy the lower storage size models? Would that difference be worth Apple's time?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

I'm sure people would buy it, but the question is, how many in comparison to those who would buy the lower storage size models? Would that difference be worth Apple's time?
Well pricing will be the same as the old 128gb price I would assume and sell about the same?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I actually think that whenever they decide to drop 16GB as the entry level, 256GB will be the highest of the three.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

I actually think that whenever they decide to drop 16GB as the entry level, 256GB will be the highest of the three.
They will never drop it Tbh. They will keep it because A) sells the most and B) makes people upgrade to the 64gb. The 64gb will lose sales quite a bit if they say replace the 16 with 32gb. Now if they do 64, 128, and 255gb nobody would upgrade unless you need more then 55gb which most people don't. Removing the 16gb isn't a sound decision for Apple Imo

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I really wish they would. After all of these lawsuits, they actually might.

Ger1980

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site

Sooner the better it happens. The more space on the devices the better.
That's the crap thing about apple, behind in the storage upgrades. Would love if they added micro SD slots to their devices, never gonna happen though.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Sooner the better it happens. The more space on the devices the better.
That's the crap thing about apple, behind in the storage upgrades. Would love if they added micro SD slots to their devices, never gonna happen though.

I switched from iPhone to Android because of micro SD cards and have just recently switched back to iPhone for the same reason. I've had way too many SD cards corrupt over the years and loose too many important pictures most recently the ones of my infant twins. I will never buy a phone and have to use an SD card ever again. SD cards r garbage.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Would they ever consider going to a 256gb iPad ? I would buy it in a heartbeat since I only have 10gb left on my 128gb iPad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am sure that they will, eventually. As iOS and apps continue to grow in size, it's just a matter of time, IMO.

2ndAmendNut

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
It's almost a statistical certainty. In fact, I'm betting we'll see it within next couple years.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had way too many SD cards corrupt over the years and loose too many important pictures most recently the ones of my infant twins.

No matter what platform you are using, or whether or not you are using SD cards, you should always use a cloud back up service for your photos. Bad things can happen, even on iPhone. If you're not already, you might want to consider using iCloud to back up your photos. There are other options too, aside from iCloud. Personally, I use Onedrive. I'm pretty sure that Facebook is another option.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
No matter what platform you are using, or whether or not you are using SD cards, you should always use a cloud back up service for your photos. Bad things can happen, even on iPhone. If you're not already, you might want to consider using iCloud to back up your photos. There are other options too, aside from iCloud. Personally, I use Onedrive. I'm pretty sure that Facebook is another option.

I do back up my files just not daily and with 2 brand new infants backing up my phone wasn't a priority lol. SD cards have a FAR better chance and worse track record for corrupting than actual hard drives on phones. Yes bad things can happen but they r far more likely to happen when ur using an SD card.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
You can set a lot of the backup programs to happen automatically in the background, so you don't have to worry about remembering to do it. This is how i have Onedrive set up. And I'm pretty sure icloud does this too. Pretty much a god send for me, because these days I can't seem to remember anything that happened over an hour ago.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
You can set a lot of the backup programs to happen automatically in the background, so you don't have to worry about remembering to do it. This is how i have Onedrive set up. And I'm pretty sure icloud does this too. Pretty much a god send for me, because these days I can't seem to remember anything that happened over an hour ago.

Lol I hear that. I'll have to check out one drive. Not a fan of iCloud for pictures backup cause for some reason I can't get it to play nice with my pc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen