Apple sim.....doesn't work

mikepolinske

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I tried to activate on Sprint and it wouldn't accept the SIM number. Tried on the unit itself Friday night then got in a chat session with Sprint. They weren't able to activate it so they set up an appointment at a Sprint corporate store and they couldn't do anything either. They gave me a number to call for Sprint and after calling them this morning Sprint is sending me a new SIM card.

So, apparently Apples' idea of having a carrier agnostic SIM card isn't going over to well as I see AT&T is locking the SIM to AT&T after activating.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I tried to activate on Sprint and it wouldn't accept the SIM number. Tried on the unit itself Friday night then got in a chat session with Sprint. They weren't able to activate it so they set up an appointment at a Sprint corporate store and they couldn't do anything either. They gave me a number to call for Sprint and after calling them this morning Sprint is sending me a new SIM card.

So, apparently Apples' idea of having a carrier agnostic SIM card isn't going over to well as I see AT&T is locking the SIM to AT&T after activating.

Yeah, the carriers (besides T-Mobile and Sprint I believe), are screwing the concept of the Apple SIM up. I really wish they would stop doing this stuff, it's annoying to anyone who bought an Air 2 with the hope of being able to switch carriers at will.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, the carriers (besides T-Mobile and Sprint I believe), are screwing the concept of the Apple SIM up. I really wish they would stop doing this stuff, it's annoying to anyone who bought an Air 2 with the hope of being able to switch carriers at will.
It still doesn't work as advertised. I couldn't sign up for t-mobile service which is ironic considering the ceo called out sprint for the SAME issues....

Took about 12 tries to actually get my account and even got it wrong.... Says I have the 200mb plan...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal