Return wifi model and get cellular or keep wifi ?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I have t-mobile with 3gb of hotspot included but I now sort of wanting to buy the lte model. I have the 128gb gold iPad Air 2 and would be getting the 64gb model if I switched. Is it worth it ? I would be matching my data and get 5gb for $10 a month

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
That's a decision you need to make depending on your needs.

Ask yourself if the added storage will out weigh the portability

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
It's all up to you. If you feel tethering is enough, keep it. If you think you will be without your phone a lot, get the Wi-Fi + 4G model.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
That's a decision you need to make depending on your needs.

Ask yourself if the added storage will out weigh the portability

Idk . While I probably won't use it much it is nice to have in case my note 4 battery is low and can't tether. I had a 64gb iPad Air before and never had issues with space and thought 128 I will clearly be safe specially with the price decrease for the 128gb model

I think it's just me who wants the latest and best talking and that's it lol

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I am leaning to keeping my wifi model because screen is perfect and don't feel like going through the lottery like last year with the iPad Air which is partly my fault since I decided I wanted 16gb then 32 and stuck with 64 but then had to exchange those because of dust under the screen

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I bought a cellular version of the iPad 2. I never even activated the cellular service, as for mew and were I go, wifi is ubiquitous, so it made no sense to spend the extra $130 for the cellular version. And now, with most wireless providers offering hotspot connectivity, it’s even more unnecessary, IMHO.

Obviously, you need to make the decision based on your situation, not mine. YMMV.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Well I decided to exchange it at the only apples store open near central park and there's a line :(

On the bright side I can reinstall all my apps on my replacement note 4 lol

metreece

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Get the LTE even if you don't plan to activate the cellular plan. Why? The LTE model has built in GPS which works without needing an Internet connection. Some boating applications supply on board maps and the iPad works better than many on board GPS.

Even if you have an Internet connection, the GPS in the iPad may provide much better accuracy than triangulation from cell towers as is done by WiFi models.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I got it and decided with t-mobile since I can get 5gb for $10 but they only giving me the 200mb plan :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2