What is this 12.9" iPad and when might it get released?
Thinking of jumping into the iPad world and saw some articles about this. Ultimately the rumors are that it will get released in early 2015 (first quarter?) but somehow that doesn't seem Apple to me. I don't follow all the trends on iPads and release dates but I would think they go once a year in the October realm like this one did. Is there some chance that it would get released in the first quarter? How much more would it cost than the iPad Air 2? My initial guess, after seeing all the Apple trends, is that it would be an additional $100 per model for the same storage size as the iPad Air 2?
- 10-22-2014, 07:57 AM #2
- 10-22-2014, 08:24 AM #3
Re: What is this 12.9" iPad and when might it get released?
It'd need a higher resolution and require updated apps or they'll look like crap. If you think iphone apps take forever to get updated, then ipad is even longer. Even then, this is something that would need iOS 9 at the very least and you KNOW that won't be released for another year.
That said, an ipad capable of 4k video and graphics sounds interesting. If the screen is good enough, i'd give it a shot. If this is really being considered, let's hope Apple has some ideas of getting devs excited and 4k content going.
- By Sekelani Zwambila in forum iPad Air 2Replies: 26Last Post: 10-24-2014, 11:27 PM
- By deadp1xel in forum iPad Air 2Replies: 31Last Post: 10-24-2014, 12:27 PM
- By SnapThrow in forum iOS 8Replies: 8Last Post: 10-24-2014, 09:29 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-22-2014, 12:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-21-2014, 11:29 PM