Will you put a screen protector on your iPad

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I typically don't use screen protectors anymore but made an exception for the new iPad, largely to put an "anti-reflective coating" onto my iPad. Will you, have you, put a screen protector on your iPad, and what is your reason for doing so?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Nope

I'm also a guy who doesn't put a case on my 256 GB iPhone 7 Plus though so don't listen to me!

randally

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Yes, because I am a KLUTZ!!!
I've been through 3 on my iPad Air 2

It's much cheaper to replace them than the actual screen of the iPad.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Now I don't have this 2017 iPad but I have the 9.7 Pro. I have a Zagg glass installed. I had target price match it and it was like half the price from BB or Zagg site itself.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I typically don't use screen protectors anymore but made an exception for the new iPad, largely to put an "anti-reflective coating" onto my iPad. Will you, have you, put a screen protector on your iPad, and what is your reason for doing so?

No. I've yet to put a screen protector on any of my iOS devices. For "me", it's not necessary.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I don't like screen protectors on my tablets. I have my iPad Pro in a logitech create case. It is fine. I am very careful with my gadgets. I always have a screen protector on my phone and my watch has one as well.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Not on my iPad though I do on my iPhone.

The iPad pretty much stays at the house, and either goes in a protective sleeve or stays in a stand on my desk. It doesn't go in my pocket like my phone does and is less likely to encounter anything that will affect the screen.

Cbush1952

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Now I don't have this 2017 iPad but I have the 9.7 Pro. I have a Zagg glass installed. I had target price match it and it was like half the price from BB or Zagg site itself.

I have 2017 IPad and also put Zagg Glass on it. Although it stays at home I can sometimes be a little klutzy LOL It's just there for assurance.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm late to the thread, just got my iPad. If I can find a nice glass protector that fits (looked up tech armor since I've used them before and only a film protector was listed) especially with whatever case I end up with then I might do it. I have a Rhinoshield film on my phone because I take it in wilderness environments and want the impact protection but I don't see that kind of need with my iPad so I'd rather have the nice feel of the naked screen or at least a glass protector. My previous Nexus 7 tablet lasted 4 years and going with no scratches etc on the screen using a simple folio style case/cover so I'd rather go that route for the iPad as well.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm late to the thread, just got my iPad. If I can find a nice glass protector that fits (looked up tech armor since I've used them before and only a film protector was listed) especially with whatever case I end up with then I might do it. I have a Rhinoshield film on my phone because I take it in wilderness environments and want the impact protection but I don't see that kind of need with my iPad so I'd rather have the nice feel of the naked screen or at least a glass protector. My previous Nexus 7 tablet lasted 4 years and going with no scratches etc on the screen using a simple folio style case/cover so I'd rather go that route for the iPad as well.

I used a glass screen protector from Zagg and have been very happy with it. In my case I purchased it from Best Buy and let them install it.

Robert Newman4

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm picking up the 2017 iPad for my kid.

What is the best screen protector? Since the non 'pro' iPad lacks the anti-reflective coating, are there screen protectors with high quality anti-reflective coatings to reduce the glare of overhead lights and sunlight?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm picking up the 2017 iPad for my kid.

What is the best screen protector? Since the non 'pro' iPad lacks the anti-reflective coating, are there screen protectors with high quality anti-reflective coatings to reduce the glare of overhead lights and sunlight?

I think "best" is subject to personal opinion, though the glass screen protectors are preferred, since they don't change the feel of the screen. Personally, I bought a Zagg Glass protector but they can be a bit more expensive, though they also have a good replacement warranty if they break.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I tend to say no but really like the iCarez semi-matte screen protectors on plus sized phones. Same material on the basic iPad without antiglare material might be good.

FWIW, our last iPad has survived 5-6 years of kids and much travel with only the product I think Apple called Smart Case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner