Location services not working
I am using an iPad 4 wifi only and cannot use maps to find my location. My iPhone can find location. Any ideas?
- 03-24-2015, 06:20 PM #2iMore Genius
- 20,830 Posts
Re: Location services not working
Wifi only devices do not have their own GPS receiver. They determine location via wifi assisted location... They determine location via a database of IP addresses that are associated with physical locations...if the wifi node you're using isn't in the database, location services can't do its job. You need to connect to a different wifi... Or, get an external GPS receiver your iPad can use via plugging in to the Lightning port, or Bluetooth...alternatively, you can use your phone's wifi hotspot if your service plan allows that...and your iPad will be able to use location services.
- By Oluwadare Oyadiji in forum iPhone 6Replies: 13Last Post: 03-29-2015, 01:43 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 03-24-2015, 07:44 PM
- By iMore Question in forum MacBook ProReplies: 1Last Post: 03-24-2015, 05:27 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-24-2015, 07:44 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-24-2015, 06:59 AM