Has anyone updated their iPad 4 to IOS8, yet? What's it like?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I updated my iPad Air and it's a huge improvement on everything, but my husband and a couple of friends have iPad 4 and they're nervous about updating to IOS 8 since IOS 7 was such a mess.

Anyone?

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I updated on release day. Have found a few bugs but I assume they are only app specific? In Facebook messenger if using SwitftKey you can only type, when you go to send a photo the keyboard over rides the photos showing up. I've also found that some of the multi gestures don't work sometimes...

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I've updated my iPad 4 and i do notice a little lag here and there when in certain apps or animations. Also Safari froze on mw twice and crashed on me once.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
The only issue I'm noticing is with Safari. It runs with a bit of a graphic stutter, particularly when the bookmarks pop in and out. Not sure if I'm liking the new predictive text method either. I liked it fine before with how the bubble popped up next to the word. Also think it runs a tad slower.

Captain_L

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I updated to iOS 8.0.2 only problem I have is sharing via email in the Google docs app, furthermore everything running perfectly

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I updated my mom's iPad 4 yesterday morning and I haven't heard any complaints from her as of yet.

Purley194

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I updated my iPad and since then it has been freezing when I am in the middle of making a comment on FB. Also, when I try to play videos where you touch those little triangle things, nothing happens. Has anyone else had an issue with this and if so, is there a fix?

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
My iPad 4 updated and didn't install properly. Now I'm stuck with a non functioning iPad. Screen went blue from left to right, then turned off and hasn't turned back on. I tried hard resetting it, saw a "genius" and I keep getting errors when I try to restore.

theflyingpig86

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I have updated to ios8 on my iPad 4, and I regret it. The update is horrible, and makes the iPad nearly useless. The keyboard hides the text I'm trying to type. This is ridiculous and hopefully an update is made soon to address this.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR