Black Screen Help
Hey guys, I need a little help. My boss came to me for help on his ipad, he said he was using it like normal then all of a sudden the screen went blank. Completely black. He then suggested we look at cases for the other iPads we have. Im think he dropped it and the backlight/digitizer is broken.
When I plug it into the computer it says your ipad is in recovery mode and wants me to restore it, but restore keeps failing for a 4014 error. I've tried smacking the back of it rather forcefully as I've read other people have had luck with a lose connector.
Any other suggestions before I tell him is dead?
- 09-04-2014, 10:01 AM #2
- 09-04-2014, 10:33 AM #4
- 11-03-2014, 12:24 AM #5
Re: Black Screen Help
Have the same problem. The device was not dropped. My gf was surfing on safari and screen went black and now I get the same error you described. Saw a "genius" they didn't have a solution either and said I could buy the new iPad Air 2 at full price. After googling this with no success and hearing other people with similar problems makes me fearful that this is a wide spread issue.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-29-2015, 08:56 PM
- By morrisbuttermaker in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 09-06-2014, 10:06 AM
- By kirwinjd in forum iPhone 5cReplies: 2Last Post: 09-04-2014, 01:37 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 09-04-2014, 09:27 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-03-2014, 08:51 PM