- iMore Newbie
- 47 Posts
I went to the apple page and logged in to Manage my Apple ID.
It says Apple ID and primary email address.
Underneath it says alternate Apple ID - which is XXX @me.com.
Everything was fine except when I tried to enter an alternate email address, when I clicked on verify, nothing happened. So I deleted the email address and then I went back in and re-entered it. That time it said something about that the email address was used with another Apple ID, which is not possible, because the email address I entered is my exclusive email address with my internet service provider. Nobody else has it. So now the alternate Apple ID has no email address that is attached to it. Does this matter?
- 09-27-2013, 05:15 AM #2
Re: Apple ID
I hope I understand your issue when I answer like this. Apple ID uses a third party email (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, but not xx@icloud. com or firstname.lastname@example.org) as the main and initial email for apple ID. You may add another (more common email to ease the login process, but it's not necessary.
So from what I understand: you should be fine.
- By Fausty82 in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 28Last Post: 10-14-2013, 07:13 PM
- By Fausty82 in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 1Last Post: 09-27-2013, 08:40 AM
- By yaynative in forum iTunesReplies: 7Last Post: 09-26-2013, 08:33 PM
- By Massie in forum iOS 6Replies: 4Last Post: 09-26-2013, 07:49 PM
- By iEd in forum AccessoriesReplies: 6Last Post: 09-26-2013, 03:17 PM