Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

5 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Default Button Placement

I'm sure I'm not the first person to talk about this, but after using my Mother-in-law's iPad over vacation for about a week there was a major issue with usability for me. I personally have a BlackBerry Playbook, so no buttons, 7 inchs. Using an iPad for the first time for an extended period, I was annoyed that I had to take my hand off the side of the device to hit the home button and go back.

I understand the aesthetics of it, but would it kill them to put the home button in one of the corners? It seems like it would boost usability a bit. I'm I nuts?
    iMore Genius

20,842 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,723 Global Posts

Default Re: Button Placement

Quote Originally Posted by hallda01 View Post
    I'm I nuts?
    Yep. You're nuts.

If you used an iPad long enough... or had come from using other iDevices prior - it likely wouldn't bother you at all. You like what you know and are familiar with... the unfamiliar - not so much.
    iMore Intermediate

267 Posts
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts

Default Re: Button Placement

There is three and four finger swiping. Swipe left and right to switch between apps or up and down to bring up the history/running apps/media and brightness control. You can also grab (pinch all your fingers together) to close the current app.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app