iPad 4 Signature Issue -- Logos/Images not showing on PC's

Nikonking

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

This has become a serious issue for me. Hoping someone has a solution.

I work exclusively off my iPad 4 (running iOS6) and have my exchange work email set-up through the iOS platform. Recently, my company has asked that I include a logo (gif/jpg) at the bottom of my signature. This I was able to accomplish by sending myself an email from my PC, then cut/paste into my signature field on my iPad. However, now when I compose new emails (or reply to others) to those using a PC, my logo shows as an empty box with "The linked image cannot be displayed" inside. I have tried seemingly every permutation of cutting/pasting my signature from various email platforms including the native iMail application on my MacBook Pro. Nothing seems to solve the issue. I have searched an impossible number of google articles on the topic and nothing seems to help.

I see in iTunes there is an app called "Email Signature" but apparently requires me to compose emails through the app (not desirable) and has gotten terrible reviews.

Please tell me there's an easy fix for this.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I don't know if there is an easy fix or not. I just tried it, and I didn't even get a "paste" option on the signature field. I suspect the iPad signature is designed to be simple, without any image capability.

I just did a quick search, and it confirmed that the signature field is text only.

However, there is a possible work-around solution. Send yourself a blank email with the image, along with whatever other signature information you want. Keep that email handy, and when you want to send someone an email, just forward that one. The signature you want would be forwarded, and you just type the message. You may need to delete some header information, however.

Chris

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's been a while since I dealt with work email on Outlook... OP should check with their IT/outlook Administrator and see if they can set up so the Outlook server attaches the desired signature server side rather than on the client side.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Can you have the file hosted and just link to it so when someone opens it the image is provided via a site vs the actual image in the email ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

nitinparmar1985

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
yeah this is a PITA, i wish i could place my company ln the signature. Maybe iOS7 will have this feature.

for now cjvitek has a good work around, thank you

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
That's assuming someone reading the email has internet access while viewing. Many people probably do, but I would assume not everyone.

In addition, I guess there are probably some mail readers that would not automatically load an image link.