Help with recording video on iPad.

ushneb

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm doing research on recording video on an iPad. I don't have one at the moment and would like to know if the iPad is capable of what I need before I go out and buy it.

So the question is, what resolution settings are there for video recording on an iPad 3?, 4?

I've read online that the video camera is locked on 1080P 30fps. Is this true? If it is, is there a way to record 720P directly on the device? Or even in VGA?

I've never owned an iOS device so I'm hoping to reach out to the long-time Apple users for help.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm doing research on recording video on an iPad. I don't have one at the moment and would like to know if the iPad is capable of what I need before I go out and buy it.

So the question is, what resolution settings are there for video recording on an iPad 3?, 4?
The video resolution is 1080P for the the rear-facing camera on both devices as well as VGA & 720P for the front facing camera.

I've read online that the video camera is locked on 1080P 30fps. Is this true? If it is, is there a way to record 720P directly on the device? Or even in VGA?
Probably. I'd have to do technical research to find out.

I've never owned an iOS device so I'm hoping to reach out to the long-time Apple users for help.

Thanks in advance.

Ben
Apple device are purchased by millions of satisfied customers, but they are not for everyone. Hopefully, however, you will find them both appealing and enjoyable to use as we do. In the meantime, I recommend that you go to a nearby tech store and take a look at the iPad as well as play around with it. Research alone is not enough, in my opinion.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro