Turning off text messages
Is there a way to not have my iPad receive text messages?? It's a family iPad that we all use for Internet and games and I really don't want all my texts to be on it. Any way to do this? You can't delete the icon. Same for mail. Thanks!
- 06-01-2013, 11:01 AM #2iMore Specialist
- 1,357 Posts
Re: Turning off text messages
I'm going to assume you're receiving emails and iMessage via wifi rather than a cell access.
You can disable iMessage in your settings. You'll no longer receive those messages. If you're on a cellular account, the texts should be specifically for the iPad. Stop getting texts to that cell number.
You're not required to setup an email account. Go into the email settings and delete your account.
This lets you keep the same appleId you've been using so you don't have to repurchase apps and stops getting the iMessage and emails you're worried about.
- 06-01-2013, 12:35 PM #4
- By slumpey326 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 7Last Post: 12-27-2011, 01:52 PM
- By MECM in forum iPhone 4Replies: 7Last Post: 02-11-2011, 06:35 AM
- By amac64 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 8Last Post: 04-04-2010, 02:13 PM
- By mkhoward in forum Carrier Discussion LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 06-18-2009, 12:31 PM
- By pnut78 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 2Last Post: 04-23-2009, 02:44 PM