4th gen iPad drops Internet connection

Vandie82

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey there. I have an actiontec c1000a dsl wireless modem through century link. I have my iMac ipad iPhone and Apple TV connected wirelessly through it. All my devices run flawlessly on it with the exception of my iPad. My iPad will work for like 30 mins and then all the sudden loose connection. The wifi logo stays on and it says its connected to the network but it doesn't receive data. I then have go to setting toggle the wifi off then on and it works again. I called apple and they troubleshooted the problem and ultimately had me go replace the iPad but I am still having the same problem. I then had a friend configure my router to WPA2-Personal set the modem to channel 9 and completely turn off my firewall and its still having the same problem. Does anyone have any idea what else it could be?
Thanks in advance

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Reset the network settings on your device. You will have to re-enter your Wi-Fi credentials afterwards, but it may solve the problem. If all else fails, backup your device to iCloud and/or iTunes and then restore it as new via iTunes.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I Have done both and seem to still be having the same issue :/

Is your wireless router dual band (2.4 & 5 GHz)? If so, use the iPad on the 5 GHz band. If not, reset the router to its default settings and then reboot your iPad and then connect it via Wi-Fi while before you set encryption. After that, change the Wi-Fi's SSID from its default name to something else and then enable encryption. Reconnect your iPad, preferably alone for about an hour to see if it will maintain a connection. If so, great. Go ahead and connect your other wireless devices and continue to monitor it.

Vandie82

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks justme I will try that. I had an IT buddy remotely check my setting on my router with team viewer and he told me my router did not have a setting to switch between 2.4 and 5. I'm going to reset my modem now and give it a shot. I'll keep you posted. Again thanks a lot for the advice :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711