Setting up VPN on iPad 4 for Home Usage

faizan1khan

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi there

I'm a newbie to using Apple products and have recently bought and iPad 4. I need to setup a VPN connection for my own home usage purposes on my iPad so that I don't have to use apps such as Hotspot Shied and VPN Express which are basically paid apps in case you want to use them for extended periods.

My main purpose of setting up a VPN connection is to access blocked websites such as YouTube (yes, it's blocked in Pakistan!). I've done a lot of online research on setting up a VPN client and all the guides seem to be written by experts for experts. For a newbie like me, I don't understand the information that needs to be entered in the VPN configuration setting such as Description, Server, Account, Password, etc.

From what I understand, a VPN network cannot be setup for home users because of the kind of information required as most basic users don't know such things. If this is not true, and home users of iPad can setup VPN networks in order to access blocked websites and encrypt their data, someone PLEASE help me set mine up. I'm a complete dud at techy things like this, so please be kind enough to explain things in detail.

All help will be appreciated!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
In order to set up your own VPN network at home, you first have to acquire a router that supports it. Standard home routers do not.

Or run a server I personally set one up using a rv220w Cisco router works perfect. I don't have a static ip though so once In while I can't connect if my ip changes

To the op setting up a VPN requires a little bit of
Knowledge

If you get a router set it up in the settings as a pptp they are much easier to configure and are secure enough for home

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
A simple solution (although it doesn't do videos because of Quick Time), is the OnionBrowser. I use it to bypass strict corporate policies. It uses TOR network. www.torproject.org

The website should help you set up a desktop or laptop to use TOR and view YouTube videos without the hassle and expense of a VPN.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73