desktop sites on ipad

tazz007

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
For the ipad users that use safira can you get desktops sites on the ipad.
I remember useing an ipad2 at best buy and i was on desktop sites but somebody said it cant happen i known iam right

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Depends on the site. Some recognize you're on a mobile device and automatically direct you to the mobile site. Some will allow you to choose between the mobile and desktop version of their site.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think that Safari has a 'request desktop site' option to toggle.

I know this doesn't answer your original question, but a workaround would be to download Chrome as a backup browser when needed. Chrome does have a 'request desktop site' option available that will let you view the full desktop version if you need it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
As Alli said you will be directed to the Mobile site or you are asked if you want the "Full Site" as I believe they put it. I learned that the hard way by going to LGs site to look up a spec on my flat screen TV and on my PC it took me to the mobile site where I had to choose Full Site.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks how is chrome?? is it as good as Safari ?? and does it run smooth on the ipad

Runs plenty smooth on iPad. It may not be 'as' fast as Safari due to the fact that third party browsers are closed off from Safari's Nitro engine, but I haven't noticed any speed differences at all. Chrome also has lots of features that Safari does not, especially syncing between all mobile and desktop/laptop resources that also run Chrome. I use both browsers interchangeably based on need.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Runs plenty smooth on iPad. It may not be 'as' fast as Safari due to the fact that third party browsers are closed off from Safari's Nitro engine, but I haven't noticed any speed differences at all. Chrome also has lots of features that Safari does not, especially syncing between all mobile and desktop/laptop resources that also run Chrome. I use both browsers interchangeably based on need.

Well Safari does have those features,:rolleyes: it will sync between devices to include Windows machines. I can even tell you which pages my wife currently has open on the desktop.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Well Safari does have those features,:rolleyes: it will sync between devices to include Windows machines. I can even tell you which pages my wife currently has open on the desktop.

My mistake, I didn't know that Safari has that feature as well, since I haven't really used it outside of my iOS devices. All good.

That being said, I still recommend using both browsers as needed. Someone like myself who is well integrated into Google's app system will get a lot of use out of Chrome. Those who are not might get as much use out of it.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks how is chrome?? is it as good as Safari ?? and does it run smooth on the ipad

Chrome is awesome on an iPad and also it's free you might as well try it out you can delete it if you don't like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Almost forgot, I have been using Atomic Web for couple of years when the need arises. It allows you to browse as desktop Safari, IE, and others. With Atomic you are also able to download files into GoodReader.

Safari is the fastest browser for iOS because Apple stacks the deck, they don't let other browsers use WebKit or possibly the Nitro engine. Someone with a little more knowledge please step in.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2